xxvi

"What are you doing Raven?", I asked myself whilst looking at myself in the mirror. Ash forced me to come on this date with Scott. I feel so bad , Scott is being so nice ,I feel like a princess. I haven't felt this loved by a man in such a long time.

After sorting out my chaotic thoughts I finally decided to go back to our table. The restaurant Scott brought me to is really expensive,not everyone can dine here. I heard people have to book at least a week in advance.

"I thought you ditched me",he joked as he pulled out the chair for me again.

"I wouldn't come here in the first place if I planned on ditching you",I chuckled.

" So tell me Scott,what do you do? What's going on in your life? Most importantly, why is a gorgeous man like you single?",I asked just to make small talk.

"You think I'm gorgeous?"He chuckled. "Well the reason I'm single is I have been in love with a certain woman for so many years and I work at a coffee shop",he smiled and said,his eyes softly looking into mine.

" You work at a coffee shop and drive an Aston Martin?",I asked, trying to hide the blush dorned my cheeks. I know I shouldn't be surprised that he drives an expensive car despite claiming he works at a coffee shop because he comes from a rich family.

I browsed through the menu and couldn't help but feel distressed at the prices,so I ordered the thing that looked the cheapest. I'm not that educated when it comes to picking the best wine so I left that to Scott. The appetizer , main course and  dessert were delicious,somehow my meal seemed to change.I felt shy asking the waiter about it and when I told Scott he seemed not to care much and just told me to enjoy myself.

Scott was an amazing guy,his jokes were exactly what I needed in such a long time.
Scott refused the help of the door man and opened the door for me himself. I turned to smile back at him when I hit into someone.Their powerful arms wrapped around me to stop me from stumbling in my heels.

"I'm so sorry",I said and looked up.

All the blood drained from my face when I realized who's arms held me. Everything seemed to stop, I didn't even hear Scott that asked me if I was okay. His blue eyes that resembled that of my daughter bore deep into mine as his emotions changed from recognition to surprise and then to disgust and rage.

He pushed me away and I almost fell but Scott held me.

"What's wrong with you?", Scott asked.

I've seen his pictures in the tabloids but seeing him in person made such a difference,my palms were sweaty and my heart was racing. He has become devilishly handsome,he has put on more muscle and his jaw line has become more prominent.

I thought he was going to say something until he began to walk past me,I reached out my hand and held his. William stopped to look at my hand like he wanted nothing more than to chop it off.

"Didn't I tell you to never appear in front of me?",he spat and shook my hand off

" William",I called out my voice choking a little.

"Set your eyes on a new target?"He mocked, eyeing Scott from head to toe.

"Do we have a problem Woodlock?", Scott asked and stepped in front of me.

"I see what's going on here", William sarcastically laughed. " Only a fool like you could fall for a slut like her",he said, his words stabbing at me like a knife.

"I won't let you insult her Mr Woodlock", Scott said looking William in the eye,the atmosphere was so tense I feared a fight would break out any second.

"It is true and just some words of advice the only thing a gold digging whore like her is after is your money",he said his voice laced with venom . Scott couldn't take anymore of his insults and looked like he was about to fight him but I held on to his arm and begged him not to do anything stupid "You made a mistake coming here Raven, I'll make you regret it, I'll make you pay for making a fool out of me Raven Bryce",he says and walks into the restaurant.

I felt all the food I ate ride to my throat making me hunch over trying to control my breathing and stop myself from panicking "Are you okay Raven? I'll call an ambulance", Scott said.

" No I'm fine, let's just go",I said,I can't believe his hatred for me hasn't changed after so many years, how am I even supposed to tell him about Merce.

"Excuse me but I'll have to ask you to please leave", a security guard said and I saw Scott frown .

"It's okay we were about to leave anyways",I said and held his hand.

" I'm so sorry Raven if I knew I wouldn't have taken you to that restaurant", Scott said he has been apologizing since we left the restaurant. London is a small City we were bound to bump into each other at some point.

"It's not your fault Scott,you don't have to apologize",I said. The ride back home was silent and awkward,with Scott taking glances at me from time to time.