xvi

The next day after we arrived I took the signed papers to Lenduché, I had a lot to do to settle the kids in school and look for a job of course.

I walked down the familiar streets after getting off the bus, reminiscing the good and bad memories.
As soon as I walked in I saw Ash in the lobby talking to another dancer. "I thought you'd never get here", she said as soon as she saw me " this is Alice",she introduced the lady she was speaking to "Alice this is Raven".
We exchanged pleasantries and Ash and I went to the head office. "You can go right in,Ms Bryce", the receptionists said.
I softly knocked and walked, taking the envelope containing Merce's contract from my handbag.
Madame Genevieve was looking at some paperwork and didn't bother to look up at who just walked in.

"Please have a sit Ms Bryce", she said and finally looked up,I could see her stunned expression when she saw me and smiled.

"Bird?",

"Long time no see Madame Genevieve,I see that you're doing well",I smiled and sat down.

" How have you been?",she asked.

"I have been well thank you. I brought the contract for my daughter who will be participating in the play",I say and handed her the envelope.

" Your daughter? Did you get married?", She questioned.

" No I'm a single mother",I say and smile.I took out the photo of Merce and Caleb that I always carry around with me in my purse and showed it to her.

"Wow you have beautiful children", she complimented.

"Thank you", I smiled and put the photo away.

She handed me some other papers which contained the money Merce will be getting out of this and some other conditions.

"So what do you do?", She asked while she made a copy of the contract for me.

" Right now, nothing at all. I'm looking for a job",I embarrassingly said.

" My godson just opened a restaurant and he's in need of staff,I can give him a call and you can drop by for an interview",

" Of course,thank you so much I would really appreciate that", I said,I never thought Madame would help me,I always thought she never liked me.

After finishing with the paperwork I rushed to the bathroom to freshen myself up for the interview.
The restaurant was located on a busy street and the real estate here is very expensive, Madame Genevieve's godson must have a lot of money.

The restaurant was closed but a poster said that people coming for the interview can go right.
I pushed the doors open and the few people that were arranging the furniture.

"Excuse me , I'm here for the interview?", I said.

" You must be Raven ,Aunt Genevieve called me. Unfortunately the interview ended an hour ago but since my godmother recommended you ,there is no need for the formalities. Are you okay with starting on Monday?"A polite man said and smiled warmly,he was almost the same height as me and had red curls that brushed his forehead.

"Of course I'd love to. thank you Mr?",

"Oh I didn't introduce myself, sorry about that you can call me Martin",he said and shook my hand. I left my personal information and when I stepped out of the restaurant I couldn't believe what just happened.
I got a job just like that,I was so excited I decided to buy a few boxes of pizza so we can all celebrate at home.

"What's the occasion?", Ash asked as soon as she walked in and found the kids and I having the time of our lives.

"Mommy got a job!", Caleb excitedly said.

"Just that? With how happy you look someone would think you won the lottery but anyways congratulations",she said and kissed my forehead snatching the slice of pizza from my hand."were will you be working?",

"Some restaurant that Madame Genevieve's godson just opened",

" So is he cute?"She asked, wrapping her arms around Merce and tickling her a little.

"He is short but he is kind of okay. I mean no one is ugly besides I wouldn't be interested even if he was cute",

" Come on, was the last time you had some action?", She asked .

" What kind of action?", Caleb asked, making me widen my eyes in shock. Ash and Anthony are one of the same. They really have no filter at all, always forgetting that there are kids around.

"Exercising sweetheart", I say and rub his head glaring at Ash who just shrugs it off.

"I'm very happy to invest in an efficient shower head like I did back home",I confidently say plus I have a very good collection of vibrators that I'm very proud of.

"You're right with the way you dress, only a shower head would be interested to fu-u-u-c ……be with you", she mumbles.

" That's it! Kids it's time for bed! And I don't dress that bad, I'm a mother I'm supposed to be consecutive", I say making Merce sigh after hearing they were going to bed early,I promised they could go to bed a little bit later than usual but Ashley won't watch what she says.

"Don't worry mom you look amazing just the way you are and if other guys don't want to be with you then they really do not know beauty at all",Caleb says to cheer me up.

" Caleb sweetie,what did I  say about lying", Ash says, making me pinch her arm.

" But I'm serious Bird, you need to get yourself out there and let yourself be loved a little",she says after the kids go upstairs.

" I know but..",

" There are no buts, you're a beautiful sexy woman and you need all the love you can get",

" But I have all the love I can get from you,Merce ,Caleb,grandma..",I said before she interrupted me.

" You know the type of love I'm talking about. I know some of Anthony's friends that are great and I'll introduce them to you on the weekend", she says.

I know she wants me not to think about William in London because it is impossible to not hear anything about him since he has become such a playboy. Who am I kidding? He was always like that and sometimes I thought he changed for me when we were together.
I don't think I can forget about him, I've tried but I just can't,my love for him is deeply engraved into my soul, I'll never be able to love another.

"Have you thought about dancing again?", She asked.

"No", I firmly said.
I knew she wanted to convince me but I don't want to touch that subject plus that was in the past and I would like it to stay that way.

We ended up having a few drinks even though Ash had work tomorrow, and in the same bed like old times I will have to get a bigger bed because sometimes the kids always find themselves in mine.