ii

William's POV

I drove to Raven's home with my fiance and soon-to-be wife. She and I met at the show she was performing in at the theater. I didn't want to go but went because my grandfather loves to see the performance of the nutcracker every Christmas. Now that I think about it I'm glad he forced me to go. I've never seen anyone move the way she does, she is the best ballet dancer I've ever seen. The way she moved with the music on the stage was as gracefully as a bird as my grandfather put it, she captured my soul and I knew I had to have her.

I pull into her drive and she is home because her car is parked in the driveway. I open the box with the ring I got her and smile to myself. Many people wouldn't believe a woman would have me smiling to myself like a fool in love. But I'm head over heels for her. That is why when she suggested breaking up after the terrible dinner with my parents I only thought of proposing to her so I can keep her with me forever as my wife.

She lives with Kate, my childhood friend. I put the key Raven gave me and turned the lock and headed up the stairs to her room but found it empty. Her bed is made and looks like someone didn't sleep in it so I put the ring in my pocket and the coffee and her favorite donuts on the dresser.

I go to Kate's room and knock, she tells me to enter and I find her styling her hair.

"Where's Raven? Her car is in the driveway but she's not in her room", I say, she looks up at me and smiles. For the past few months, she has been telling me that Raven doesn't love me, that she just wants my money and is cheating on me. She doesn't say it directly but hints at it from time to time. I haven't told Raven because I know how much she loves her friend.

"Raven left with a guy from the school of arts last night, she snuck out and left with him",

" Again with this? Why are you doing this? Raven is your friend",  I say and look at her in shock I just don't get why she's doing this to the person she claims to be best friends with.

"I can never be friends with someone like her. I have been warning you for some time now, but you wouldn't listen to me, she's not here she's with her lover", she says and walks up to me " don't you see she doesn't love you all she wants is the luxury you provide her", she says rubbing my chest ,I grab her hand and push her away from me.

"If this is a joke I don't like it",I say and take out my phone to call Raven. Kate holds it up and smiles.

"I've already told you,she is not here",

"Enough with the nonsense Kate , tell me where Raven is ",I say, losing my patience.

"Wait down stairs and I'll take you to her",she smirks. So I hesitantly do as she says and wait downstairs.

The doorbell rings and my mother walks in. "What are you doing here mom?"I ask and kiss her cheek.I haven't spoken to her since last night after she and Raven got into a big fight.

" Well the last time you brought that girl…?",

" Raven?",

" Yes that one,I may have come on as cold , and I may have said some things that were not pleasant to hear. it's just I wasn't feeling well and that wasn't a good time so I came here to apologize to her and maybe have a cup of tea with her",she says. I smile warmly at her ,I know my mother is not the easiest to get along with and seeing her make the effort to get closer to the woman I love filled me with joy.

But what Kate said made me frown,she must be lying and is just jealous. I'll have to tell Raven so she can move out and find someplace else but that won't be necessary because she's moving in with me.

"I'm telling you William Raven right now as we speak with another man", Kate says as she gets down the stairs.

"What! So you're telling me that girl is with another man and you're just standing here doing nothing? See I told you she was no good,of all the women you choose a poor nobody like her!", My mother says.