34 • A L A R I C

The sun peeked in my bedroom window, lighting my hair like a bright halo

The sun peeked in my bedroom window, lighting my hair like a bright halo. I lifted my head from the pillow, my wavy hair tumbling down my back like a waterfall. The suns vibrant rays sent a glossy, gold sheen all around the room, blending with the falling leaves of Autumn. Just kidding. It was the middle of December but it was surprisingly a sunny day. But the snow on the ground was beginning to slowly melt away.

My mind is fuzzy, the last part of a dream being chased away by the realisation that I am awake again. It was a nice dream, something about sitting in a big oak tree in a meadow full of flowers but the details are fading fast even as I try to recall them. With a mental sigh I allow my brain to focus and cautiously open one eye. Then closed them again because it was too bright.

I fell asleep without my pills again.

Ares is your comfort spotttt. We've been through this.

Shut it consy

I roll over to the left of my bed and end up getting on top something. My bed just went from soft to somewhat hard on whatever the fuck I was laying on. My eyes begin to flutter open to only see it was Ares laying down. I look up at him and can't help but smile when I realized I was fully on top of him just laying there looking at him.

Kind of creepy bels. Get off of him dumb ass.

But it's comfyyy

The look of his face when he's asleep is the biggest and cutest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. It's like a calm little baby.

"OMGMYGOD" I blurt out without breathing, saying it all in one sentence.

I accidentally scared Ares because now his eyes were wide open and he was staring at me.

"Sorry..." I say ever so lightly

"Davis why are you yelling at..." he turns his head over to look at the clock before he finishes his sentence, "- 7:27 in the morning?"

"Your birthday is in two days Ares!" I say excitedly while still on him

"Sweetheart that's in two days not today"

"I know it just made me excited!" I smile looking up at him.

I then feel two strong hands wrap around my waist holding me tighter and as I look at Ares I can see a small grin appearing on his face. I lay my head down on his chest closing my eyes and he does the same.

The room door swings open to reveal an always intruding Nico and a curious Eve.

"Woah" he whispers