22.5. Nicki Back Home (FILLER)

"Deathgrips!" Nicki yelled, slightly tipsy as they drank vodka from the bottle, but through a curly straw. It was Cece's vodka, but she was cool; her, Arms Race, and Nicki were shaping up to be an unlikely trio of friends.

"I like it!" Cece exclaimed, "That's so metal!" She was a little jealous, having chosen 'Space Girl' when she first arrived at the compound. To be fair, she was only 16, and thought it was cute.

"Wouldn't it be Lifegrips, though? Cos... your hand... your GRIPS... restore life." Arms Race slurred, so full of whiskey he was on another plane of existence. He chose whiskey because he believed vodka was a girl's drink, which went perfectly with how manly he was when Nicki and Cece peer pressured him into drinking.

"No... dumbass! My hands SAVES ME from the GRIPS of DEATH! Dumbass!" Nicki yelled back.

"Yeah! Dumbass! And Deathgrips is way cooler!" Cece added.

They must've called him a dumbass one too many times, because Arms Race began to sob. Cece cuddled up to him drunkenly and consoled him;

"Oh no... AR... it's ok... I think Lifegrips is a cool name!"

With that, AR's head shot up, his eyes completely dry.

"Gotcha, asshole! I knew it..." he jeered.

Pissed off, Cece continued 'Let me finish! Lifegrips is a cool name... compared to Arms Race! Cos anything's better than Arms Race! Cos... it's shit! Dumbass!"

AR's head hung low and sobbed once more, but Cece didn't fall for it. Which was good, because he was actually crying now. Alcohol'll do that to ya.

"Well... I, personally," Nicki interrupted, "think that all our superpower names are cool! And... we're cooler than everyone else!"

"Yesssssssssss..." Cece hissed, grabbing and shaking both Nicki and AR with delirious energy. AR wiped away his tears, and began to appreciate finally being part of a group.

"BUT!" Nicki couldn't resist adding, "My power's cooler than BOTH of yours!"

Cece sighed despondently, releasing the two.

"Yeeeaaaaahhh..." she agreed.

"What? No! Cece... we could take em!" AR whispered to her, unaware that he was yelling. Still, Cece giggled like a kid at a slumber party where secrets were being shared.

"Thanks man... yknow, I never thought I'd ever wish I didn't have a power, but... I do, kinda a lot. It's like being class president but not even speaking your school's language. It'd be easier to just glide on by..."

"Woah! Heavy shit..." Nicki responded, "but I get that. Sometimes, I just wish I was a normal gal..."

"What? Why the hell would you want that? You're, like, immortal?!"

"Nah, AR... I didn't mean power..."

Nicki hung their head low. Cece crawled over and held them tightly once more.

"Don't say shit like that, Nicki. You'd hate it... this all fits you way more! Imagine being a boring ass girl... you're literally gorgeous!"

Nicki smiled. Cece really was everyone's big sister...

"Guys... is it weirder to bring it up at all? Man... I don't know... uhhhh, I wanna let you know... cos Nicki's enby and all... and you're gay... and I'm NOTHING... I'm cool with that, yknow? I know a lot of guys like me aren't... I'm cool with it!" AR felt the need to bring up.

"Aww... thanks, man... that is kinda weird but it's nice to hear, yknow?" Cece responded warmly. Nicki nodded in agreement.

The trio sat in comfortable silence, right up until Wren showed up.

"Wren! Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!" Cece exclaimed, shooting to her feet to go hug Wren.

"Are you... drunk? Hey, how much did you guys let her have? You know she's only 18, right?"

AR and Nicki looked up in shock.

"YOU TOLD US YOU WERE 22!"