85. Beat Your Heart Out

-(JUST BEFORE)-

A cocky smirk found it's way across Mint's face as she held Twig at gunpoint. The look on his face... she'd been waiting a long time to see it.

Cece tried to tend to BM, but the extent of her caring capabilities were trying to shake him awake - naturally, this didn't have any effect. She grew more and more worried as time went on, both for the health of her friend and mentor, and of whatever was able to do this to him.

A sickeningly huge ROAR snapped her attention away, and instead over to the compound.

Everyone in the field stood frozen, mouths agape, staring on in shock as a huge explosion erupted from the compound, smoke and debris flying into the sky as the building collapsed.

Downfield, Cece could see Mint and Twig staring up at it too, until Twig seemed to realize he had a window of opportunity.

Faintly, she saw him tap himself with something, teleporting right in front of Mint whilst she was distracted. Cece yelled out, and though Mint was already turning, Twig stabbed her in the stomach with 3 bolt held between his fingers in a fist, slapping her gun aside.

As he went for the gun, Cece shot into action. She'd practiced with her gloves a little on the way here, and now was the time to put that to use!

She reached out and tugged the air in front of her, pulling herself forward in one big, floaty bound. She had learned that using gravity to push her along, just for a moment, barely took any energy at all! Now close enough to Twig to use her gravity manipulation on him, Cece swung her hand straight down, and he crumpled to the ground like an empty can. Ha! Being powerful at last, it felt so good...

Right by Twig now, Cece swung her hand up, and they were both tossed into the air - from here, she punched him straight in the chest, throwing the gravity forward as she did. As her fist, powered by gravitational pull, slammed into Twig's chest, he let out a quick gasp before flying across the field, bouncing across the ground violently and rolling through the doors of the compound. Cece launched herself straight after him - as she flew straight through the doors, she heard a loud boom overhead as Wren and Robin zoomed out of the compound, but she ignored it.

Throwing open the doors of the training room, she was instantly met with what seemed to be cassette tape smacking her right in the face. Before she could even react, she fell directly on an uppercut from Twig, and rolled to the ground. Winded, but fighting still, she carried the roll away from Twig as he tried to kick her in the stomach.

She felt him let up, and spun as she heard a thwip, holding the gravity out as hard as she could, but the Tape Deck was coming straight at her. It hit her, and she instantly pulled up with her gloves - but instead of teleporting above Twig, she found herself in the corner of the training room. As she pulled up, she threw herself against the ceiling... and rubble from below came flying straight at her!

Yelping as the first rocks pelted her, Cece threw gravity aside, and the rocks clattered against the wall as she fell. She caught herself with lessened gravity before she hit the ground, but the Tape Deck was coming straight for her once more!

This time, Cece swung gravity aside, and the Tape Deck diverted straight into a massive chunk of concrete. But... Twig had been planning another falling uppercut...

The huge rock appeared right above him, and all he could do was stare as it fell! With a gasp of shock, Cece pulled him towards her with gravity, but it was too late. As he was flung forward, his leg and lower back were crushed beneath the massive debris, annihilating them.

Cece covered her mouth as Twig shrieked with pain, running over to him and muttering "Nononono..." under her breath like someone who'd just hit a deer with their car. Twig swung defensively at her as she neared him, but he was weak with brutal pain, and her soothing voice promised to ease it.