34. Nachts Blühen (GOJS ARC 5)

Seeing Twig suddenly so close, Robin fell back in shock. She tried to drag herself away, but Twig just sauntered over to her casually.

"Wait... you don't have a gun? Are you fucking kidding me?" Twig asked, disappointed, "Fine. Fists are probably more fun anyway."

Twig's crossbow was in his hands in an instant, but he threw it aside. Robin saw her chance.

She shot out the thickest vine she could manage, which turned out to just be a thin root, and tried to use it to steal Twig's crossbow. But something fired from his hand, and the second it hit the crossbow, it disappeared... and appeared on his back again!

Thinking on her feet, Robin zipped the root back to her hand, and instead shot it down to wrap around the underside of her unusable foot, allowing her to move her leg with the assistance of her hands! She hopped to her feet, and hastily began to stagger down the road, gritting her teeth against the pain... but then, something struck her back, and she felt a rush of air around her, knocking her to the ground. The root snapped, and she was... right back in front of Twig!?

"Come on! Why are you being so boring? I just want a good, fun fight..." Twig complained petulantly. "I mean is that so much to ask?"

Robin was panicking. She couldn't get away, she couldn't arm herself... she wasn't gonna win this fight. But she had no other option than to try!

She once more wrapped a thin root around her foot and her wrist, tearing up from the pain, head burning with fear and anger, and lifted herself to her feet.

"I'm... gonna kill you..." she panted hatefully. Twig laughed.

"Come on then! I have to see this!" he jeered in return.

Robin couldn't resist the urge to swing first. The idea of dying made her... angry! She was fucking infuriated! She threw a wild punch, that he caught in his palm. Shit... he wasn't as weak as his name suggested! She swung with her other arm, which he also caught and laughed at. Stupid fucking laugh... with all the rage in the world, Robin flung his arms aside and headbutted Twig brutally.

Twig staggered back, shocked and annoyed... but when he looked up and saw his opponent tearing up from the continuous pain from her leg and now her head, he grinned. Robin lifted her injured leg high above her head, and was about to catch Twig's head in a brutal downswing, when something shot out of his wrist again. It looked like... a cassette tape on a reel? It struck the underside of her thigh, and suddenly Robin felt a woosh of air, heard a loud pop, and realized that she was not in the same location she had been a second ago. Her wild kick hit nothing, and she felt someone behind her elbow her roughly in the back.

As she crashed to the ground, Robin turned to see Twig standing behind her now. How the hell...? It was that tape thing... it must be his ability. Slowly, Twig turned to her.

"Come on, that was a little overextending, huh?" Twig sneered cockily.

Shit... the adrenaline and anger always took over. Maybe it worked on childhood bullies who couldn't fight kids who fought back, but not anyone out here.

Though every bone in her body ached, Robin pulled herself to her feet, not willing to give up yet. But Twig had other ideas. He kicked her violently in the ribs, sending her slamming back into the ground. His face was contorted in rage. That headbutt had really pissed him off...