53. Lab Logs (CB ARC 2)

Mariah and Cece didn't have time to go over the other files on the monitor. The following is what they would've read if they did.

WREN - BRING THE HEAT
16 YEARS OLD

CAN CREATE EXPLOSIVE BUNDLES OF ENERGY THAT TRAVEL DOWN HER ARM. SHE CAN RELEASE THEM AS SOON AS THEY LEAVE HER HAND, BUT CAN ALSO CHANNEL THEM THROUGH THE GROUND, WHICH IS MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE AND CAUSES HER NO HARM..

Wren is a very interesting case. The source of her energy bundles is unknown, but how they travel is even stranger. Her left hand was unfortunately victim to one of her own explosions not too long ago, and was replaced with a plant organism copy made by Robin. This organism was made to be a perfect fit of Wren's exact arm size and length, but overall is still just a normal human arm, in terms of structure. But it can still channel her bundles. This means that her bundles seem to not rely on traveling through any special kind of biology at all... very interesting.

Of course, I can't talk about Wren without mentioning her memory loss, but I'll lock this part behind a password, just in case.

[>ENTER PASSWORD TO CONTINUE<]

/

D SEMYONOV - REBOUND
18 YEARS OLD

CAN TELEKINETICALLY CONTROL THE MOVEMENT OF A THROWN OBJECT, BUT ONLY THE WAY IF BOUNCES - TRAJECTORY, VELOCITY, DIRECTION. THIS EFFECT WEAKENS THE MORE THE OBJECT BOUNCES.

Firstly, I've shortened his name to 'D' as he hates to be called by it. I respect his wishes, but refuse to indulge his self-hatred over his nationality.

Now, his ability seems simple at first glance, but really the idea of it goes against the ideas of how motion works. The only way to explain his power without breaking the laws of physics is some kind of telekinetic power, which even then is very hard to define and describe. Currently, he's training to control how thrown objects bounce even when out of view, and his ability to do so suggests a psychic link between him and objects he throws, which fades as they move away from him. So when does the psychic link start? If not the action of throwing it, is it made simply by coming into contact with an object? There's a lot to develop here, so I'm glad he's so dedicated to his training.

He is very hardworking, after all. Sometimes I wish he was easier on himself, though - I care about him like a son, and only want the best for him. I need to remember to let him know that more often...

/

TENSON CHOI - KREUGER
16 YEARS OLD

CAN EXTEND AND RETRACT RIDGED AND SHARP METAL CLAWS FROM EACH WRIST.

An interesting one here. At first, I thought his ability to be one similar to Ben's - being able to produce the metal claws from his wrists. But no, the biology of his arms seems quite different - firstly, the claws remain under the skin even when not extended, meaning they are part of his body. Secondly, he reported not feeling any pain upon their first extension, suggesting that the slits on his arms that they extend through developed naturally alongside the claws, as opposed to being a result of them. Thirdly, he appears to have developed more muscles and tendons specifically for controlling the claws, meaning they act like a sixth finger or the like would in terms of biology.

His ability seems rather clean and cut, but I won't be deceived by that - it's an ability nonetheless, and there's surely much more to learn.

Like his ability, Tenson himself is not to be underestimated. He displays common signs of strong anxiety, and a lot of self doubt, and whilst he is also very kind and friendly, he is a fighter in every sense of the word. I did not witness his fight against a possessed Dominic, but from what I've seen and heard, he's very brave, resourceful, and tactical on the battlefield. He also managed to fully support himself and his sister for years without anyone's help, making him already a much stronger person than I was...