To Be Wed.

Zelda; the young princess of Hyrule. Beloved by all. With her long, golden locks and emerald green eyes. Fair, porcelain skin. To say her beauty was beyond compared was an understatement. She was aged 16 and around 5ft 2inches.

Minding her own business in the flower garden of the castle, Zelda was mindfully walking through, admiring the beauty of her favorite flower, the Silent Princess. Gently touching it's petals, she was suddenly interrupted from her thoughts by the voice of a royal guard.

"Your highness, His majesty has requested your presence in the throne room." The man in armour informed her.

"Thank you, sir." She replied in her usual, gentle tone before following him to see her parents. Her words were always kind and lighthearted- that was one of the reasons why everyone around her appreciated her so much.

Approaching the large entrance to the throne room, she gracefully neatened herself up before greeting her parents. Walking in, she spotted her siblings; Ravio and Farore. Upon seeing them, she knew that regardless of the conversation was that was about to occur, was bound to be an important one.

Standing next to her sister, Farore, she looked up to her parents. "Mother, Father." She greeted them, bowing her head.

"Zelda." Her mother, Queen Nayru bowed her head in return.

Before anyone else had a chance to speak, King Rhoam spoke. "This evening, the King, Queen, Prince and Princess of Hytopia will be attending. They are staying for dinner, as well as spending the night."

'Hytopia? Aren't we supposed to be at war with them?' Zelda thought to herself. Shaking off the thought, she nodded in response to her father, along with her siblings.

"To bring peace to our kingdoms, we have decided that you, Zelda, will take the young prince and hier to the throne of Hytopia's hand in marriage." The King finished, glaring at his daughter with his usual stern expression.

Zelda's once neutral expression froze. 'Marriage? No, this is all too soon!' "F-father... this is all so sudden!" Zelda spoke in a shaky tone, in complete and utter disbelief.

"It has already been decided. You shall meet the Prince tonight, and then you two are to be wed next week. Understood?" Rhoam spoke in his usual, serious, demanding manner.

After all these years, Zelda knew it was best not to argue against her fathers word. Merely nodding her head, she then left the throne room, hastily making her way to her room.

Hastily rushing through her door, she sat on the stool of her vanity and looked at herself in the mirror. All she saw looking back at her was a helpless girl. Interrupting her thoughts, there was a sudden knock on the door.

"Enter." She replied to the noise. In came Farore. She looked a lot like her sister, though with her fathers brunette hair.

"Sister!" She said in a shocked tone. "Are you okay? This is such a shock!"

Zelda looked at her 14 year old sister, unable to form words. Farore walked up to and pulled her sister in a tight embrace. Almost immediately, Zelda hugged her back, tightly.

"I-..." She thought. "I don't believe it. I'm to be wed to a Prince i've never met! What am I going to do?" Zelda's tone showed clear worry.

Unsure how to respond, Farore pulled away. "I don't know, Zelda." She replied honestly. "But in all honesty, i'm not surprised. You've had Kings from all kinds of different kingdoms asking for you to marry their sons. But this is for peace, for both of our kingdoms. You're going to be Hyrule's symbol of peace, and I wish you all the best with your Prince."

Once again, at a loss of words, Zelda nodded and smiled at her sister. It was a small but noticeable one. "Thank you, sister." She said gently.

*******

It was around 6:30pm, and the guests were bound to arrive any minute. In Zelda's chamber, her maids were helping her get ready for the feast. Elegantly, she wore a dress with her kingdoms colours; A royal blue ball gown with gold around her waist, with a symbol of the triforce in the middle of the gold, as well a s her shoes matching her dress. Her hair was half-up half-down, curled, and finished with a tiara on her head, containing a blue diamond, again matching her dress.

She looked breathtaking. Unbelievably beautiful. Though her mood did not match her appearance; feelings of anxiety and dread ran through her veins.

'What if he never truly love me? What if he doesn't want to get married? What if I make a fool of myself? What if- what if he has his heart set on someone else? What if i'm not pretty enough? Wait... what even is his name?' Overthinking constantly, instantaneously, a knock was heard at the door.

"Enter." Zelda spoke, putting on a false voice that contained confidence and showed no signs of fear- or at least she believed it did.

Entered her younger brother, Ravio. The boy was only the age of 12, he had blonde hair like his mother and sister, and piercing blue eyes like his father. Quite tall for his age, being only a few inches shorter than his elder sisters. He wore a royal tunic of the same colour as Zelda's dress, as well as cream coloured pants.

"Hey, Zelda. The guests are arriving!" He spoke quickly before his jaw dropped. "Woah- you look great!" He said with a small smile, before grabbing her hand and rushing her towards the entrance of the castle.

Arriving at the entrance, they spotted their parents and sister. Zelda stood behind her parents, in the middle of her siblings. She tried to make herself invisible and hidden behind her father. Too busy in her thoughts to notice any of the conversations or noise around her, she stood daydreaming. All of a sudden, her life went from a normal, peaceful one- to all of a sudden, becoming the wife of a Prince from a kingdom that she had never even met.

"Your majesties." A deep, male voice spoke, snapping her away from her thoughts. Is this... the king? The king of Hytopia? This is it. It's him.