Tension.

"King Ganondorf, Queen Cia." Zelda's father, Rhoam greeted them; The Hytopian royal family.

"Greetings, your majesties." Queen Nayru also replied to them, bowing her head in respect with her husband.

The King and Queen of Hytopia did the same.

Anxiety hastily ran through Zelda's blood. Her heart was pounding against her chest. Unfortunately for her, this was made worse when her parents then began to introduce her and her siblings.

"These are our children; Zelda, Farore and Ravio." Rhoam started. "Zelda, our eldest, will be the one taking your sons hand in marriage." He said, Nayru urging her to come forward.

Hesitantly, she followed her mothers request and nervously stepped forward. "Your highnesses." Zelda said, bowing her head in respect to the King and Queen in front of her.

"A pleasure to meet you, Zelda." Queen Cia spoke, bowing her head in return.

"Indeed," King Ganondorf started, "These are our children; Link and Aryll." He finished, then two children, one of 17 years and one of 13 stepped forward. Both of the two looking extremely similar; bright blue piercing eyes, golden brunette hair, slightly tanned skin. The eldest, Link, was around 5'10, then Aryll being about 5'0.

Prince Link bowed his head in respect to the royal family of Hyrule, Aryll did the same. "It's an honour to be here, and to meet you." She said in a clear, strong voice.

"Likewise." Rhoam replied, Nayru bowing her head in respect alongside her husband.

"Link is our eldest, who will be taking your daughters hand in marriage." The King of Hytopia informed them.

Suddenly, Zelda felt eyes upon her. She looked over and made eye contact with him, her soon-to-be husband. Her stomach started doing front flips. That was him.

His eyes showed no emotion, no sign of life. Whereas her's were filled with anxiety and distress. What was he thinking of her or in general? Disgust? Rage? Dread? Who knows.

The two families then made their way to the dinner hall. Farore then spoke in a near whisper, "Sister, at least he's handsome." She said with a soft giggle. "But he seems very quiet and stern."

Zelda sighed. "Yeah, he doesn't look happy to see me at all. This just makes my nerves worse."

Arriving at the large table, Zelda was urged to sit next to her 'fiancé'. Uncomfortably sitting, she made herself as small, hidden and quiet as possible. Trying not to make a fool of herself or draw attention to herself. The two kings made conversation with each other, as well as Ravio and Aryll seemingly getting along so quickly.

"So, Queen Nayru," Queen Cia spoke. "Your daughter, Zelda, looks an awful lot like you. She's quite beautiful." A pink hue came across Zelda's cheeks.

"T-thank you, your grace." Zelda said, already feeling ridiculous from stuttering, she mentally slapped herself in the face. The Queen gave her a smile in response.

Nayru let out a gentle laugh. "Yes, she does look like me, doesn't she? And i'm sure she will make a great wife for your son, Link."

Again, Zelda glanced at him. He had very masculine features; sharp jaw, stern eyes, strong arms and hands. Suddenly, she caught him looking over at her. She quickly snapped her head in the other direction, feeling embarrassed. 'Oh Hylia, i'm making a fool of myself again, aren't i?'

Link remained silent. Not a word fell from his lips. Was he mute? Or was she just shy? Why was he being so quiet? What did he think of her? He then also moved his gaze to focus on the plate in front of him. Both families began to eat their meal as food was served.

After a while of conversation between people and both Zelda and Link not uttering a word, Rhoam spoke up. "Everybody, King Ganondorf and I have already news about the wedding."

King Ganondorf nodded. "It will take place in the Temple of Time, this friday."

'Friday? It's already Monday! Oh my goddess, that means I only have a few days to prepare myself!' Zelda panicked.

"Cia and Link will remain here in Hyrule until the wedding, while me and Aryll will go and look after matters in Hytopia." Ganondorf explained.

Everyone nodded in agreement to the plans.

"Cia and me can go though all the details of the wedding and arrange everything that will be necessary." Nayru stated in which everyone agreed to.

"Thank you, my love." Rhoam replied to his wife.

Eventually, after much chatter, everyone had finished eating.

The two Kings stood up to discuss affairs of the kingdoms. The two Queens went to a room to plan the events of the wedding. Farore was tired and went to her room for the night. Ravio and Aryll went off to play in Ravio's room. And then that left Link and Zelda. Alone.

'Did they do this on purpose just to spite us?' Zelda's thoughts asked her.

Awkwardly stood there in silence, Zelda felt Link's vibrant, emotionless eyes upon her. Unsure of what to do, she looked back at him.

Thinking of something to say, Zelda eventually spoke softly. "Do you... want to go for a walk in the flower garden?" She asked nervously.

Link merely nodded in response, in which the two of them left the castle via the back exit and walked outside. She walked slightly ahead and and he walked closely behind her.

The cool breeze of the night danced in the air, and the gentle glow of the moonlight blessed their skin. The temperature was nothing short of warm with a hint of coolness from the gentle wind. The night was calm and peaceful. The only noise that could be heard was their footsteps; Zelda's heels clicking and Link's boots scraping against the smooth pathway.

The flower garden was Zelda's favorite location. It always had been and probably always will be. Silent princesses gleamed in the darkness of the night, giving the two some light along with the moonlight.

"This is... this is my favorite spot." Zelda spoke, attempting to make conversation with this man she barely knew, who wouldn't seem to utter a word. She felt herself growing more uncomfortable and the tensions around them also grew too.