Wary.

Hey everyone! I just wanted to apologise for not updating last week! I've been busy, but I'm back now! I hope you enjoy!

It's been a few hours and now we're currently sat in the banquet hall about to eat our meals. I'm exhausted, but I have no appetite. The thought of food makes me feel physically sick. I'm not sure what's wrong with me but I've been like this all week- I should probably eat someone otherwise I'll become ill.

Link is sat next to me and we're surrounded by our family. My father is sat next to me, and King Ganondorf is sat next to Link.

We haven't had much of a conversation this whole day. It feels rather awkward and everything that we have said is from greeting guests.

*Link's POV.*

I'm starving. Today has been so draining and all I want is for this food to hurry up. I've been talking to many people, which isn't normal for me. I'm not scared of talking to people, but it makes me feel so out of place.

Food is served in front of us- we have an appetiser; mine consists of some seafood and light vegetables on the side. Zelda's is the same. I don't hesitate to tuck in and devour this dish.

My family have always described me as a glutton and I can understand why- I always have an appetite, and this food is delicious. We have glasses of wine accompanied by a glass of water to help wash down our food. I'm not really the biggest fan of wine, but I don't hate it, so I'm not complaining.

I'm almost finished my plate, but I notice Zelda has hardly even scraped at hers. Maybe she's saving room for the main course?

Actually, this past week, I've noticed that she hasn't been a very big eater, but I don't know if she's always like that or if something is making her like that. But she has to eat something otherwise her health may deteriorate- and that's not something I want.

My father is sat beside me, along with my mother and siblings at the other side of him. Our table is a long row at the top of the hall, and the rest of the guests have tables; one family has a table each.

I'm not actually sure why, but I've always been very wary of my surroundings. But coming to think of it, it's probably normal considering... actually I don't want to think about that.

I take a sip out of my wine glass, and almost choke on the taste- it's so bitter! Hylia, that's awful. But fortunately I'm able to play it off and no one noticed- father is talking to my mother, but I'm surprised the princess didn't notice. Her mind seems to be elsewhere. She still hasn't touched her food.

Shortly, a waitress comes and collects our plates to make room for our main course. I can't wait! I'm still starving- that was like a crumb compared to what I am ready to eat. Plates are placed in front of us by another waiter, as this next meal is going to be a buffet, and we're up to go and get our food first.

We're shortly after informed that we are now free to go and fill up our plates. We stand up and all start heading towards the grand tables occupied with mountains of food- now this is what I've been waiting for. I load my plate with meats, pastas, a few slices of pizza, steamed vegetables alongside some raw ones, and a few small pies.

My plate is literally overflowing compared to everyone else's but no one's eyes from my family even look at my plate- they're used to it. The Hyrule's are already back at the table and Zelda is walking back too.

I sit down, put some dressings of salt and pepper on and then tuck in- this will definitely fill me up, but I may have room for a smaller second dish- and will surely have room for dessert.

The tantalising flavours of goodness tease my tastebuds with every mouthful- this food is unbelievably delicious. This chef matches that of my chef at home.

I've been eating for about 15 minutes and I'm finally finished, and then I decide to go back for seconds- I'm not at the littlest surprised. This time I choose a smaller portion and head back to the table.

I start tucking in again, and I enjoy every bite. I've been working up an appetite all day since the only meal we've eaten today was a small breakfast of an omelette. My attention is then brought to King Rhoam's dominant voice in the air;

"Zelda, you've hardly touched your meal." He tells Zelda rather harshly and I can see she is slightly startled by the tone and loudness of his words. "It's impolite to waste such large amounts of food. Eat your meal." He commands her and she picks up her fork and places a potato on her fork.

The Kings attention is now brought back to his wife and Zelda takes a bite of her potato, and then places is back on her plate when she notices his attention gone. Her gaze then leaves her plate and meets mine.

"Are you alright?" I ask her, genuinely concerned about her.

"I- uh, yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." She tells me quaveringly. She isn't very good at hiding her emotions. She takes a sip of her water and her hands are shaky, spilling some outside of the glass.

She clearly isn't okay. I don't really know what to do and I feel rather ineffectual right now. I mean, she's my wife now, and I should be helping her.

Through the ceremony earlier this day, she didn't seem to be quite with us. I even noticed the priest giving me a look as if to say 'what is going on?'. She looked sick. Like as if she was about to vomit or pass out right then and there. I was concerned, but again, there wasn't anything I could do in that moment. I'm not sure how nobody accept me and the priest seemed to catch onto that. But as we were greeting the guests, she seemed to be a bit less strained.

"Let's go for some fresh air." I offer her, and don't really give her much of a choice, as I stand up and offer her my hand.

Hesitantly, she places her gloved hand in mine and I inform my father that we're overheating and need some fresh air. He nods and I lead her out of the room and out of the building, closing the door behind us. The eyes of many guests were following our bodies as we left but I wasn't really concerned about that. The coolness of the air out hear is so relieving and refreshing. I take a deep breath, and then focus on the princess.

I'm not entirely sure what to do now. I notice her fingers twisting and fidgeting with the diamond on her necklace. I know that that's a sign of anxiety and unease. I knew she wasn't doing well.