A bit of air.

*Zelda's POV*

Prince Link has brought me outside and I don't know why. I stand silently, waiting for him to say something. Why did he bring me here? Has something happened? Have I done something to annoy or upset him?

"Princess," He starts, his usual unreadable eyes now show... concern? Sadness? Regret? They show something but I'm not sure what. "now I may not know you very well, but I know that you aren't doing very well. Please, talk to me." He finishes his sentence.

I'm a bit speechless- I don't know what to say. This is ironic, he's usually the one who is silent and I'm the one who is speaking. I don't want to be rude but I don't really know what to say.

I'm surprised that he noticed I have been uneasy today, well, this whole week to be honest. He hasn't known me any longer than this week, so I assumed he'd probably think I always act like this. But I guess not.

We're both silent. The only sound that fills the air is that of the nature around us. "I uh..." I say with a timid voice, "I don't know." I half lie. I know why I'm upset, but I don't at the same time. I'm upset that this marriage was arranged, but I don't know what I'm upset about at this moment.

"I wish to be able to help you." He tells me "But I don't know how to do that, without knowing what is plaguing you." He finishes his sentence.

I don't even know what to tell him. But his words are kind. I'm starting to grow more and more fond of him now. He isn't just this silent, stern prince- he's a real person. A kind, caring person.

What am I even saying?

"I'm just overwhelmed, to be honest." I tell him. That's the best way I can describe it.

"I understand. This is a very overwhelming thing to experience." He replies. "But, I just want you to know, I will be here for you when you move to Hytopia with us."

Why is he being so nice to me now? What have I done to deserve this? But to be honest, his words are comforting. 

"Thank you, Prince Link." I tell him. This is the most we have spoken to each other... ever.

It is reassuring to know that he will be there to help me, when I move to a new kingdom. Especially with me joining the court when I move there.

Oh no, that's another thing I'm now going to have to worry about- the royal court. Unlike Hyrule where you join the royal court at 18, in Hytopia, the royal family joins the court at the age of 16- and since I'm Link's wife, I will be joining the court when I move there. Despite being taught and prepared from a young age about the royal court, it is still a big responsibility to take up.

Before Link gets another chance to say something, King Ganondorf comes outside.

"Link, Zelda, what are you two doing out here?" He asks us in a rather stern tone, but his words are mainly aimed at Link.

"Father, we came out here for some air." He explains to his father in a calm tone, "The air was warm and stuffy in the hall."

His tone of voice is always calming. It's nice.

"Alright." King Ganondorf replies. "But please, come back inside. It is time for the bride and groom to go around the tables and chat with the guests, and it is evident that the bride and groom must be present." He states the obvious before he then heads back inside.

"Of course." Link replies for us.

I must admit, I am rather intimidated by King Ganondorf- there's something about him that I can't pinpoint. I'm not trying to be rude, but there's something about him that makes me feel on edge. The same with Queen Cia. I feel awful for thinking such things, considering that they're now my parents in law, but I must trust my gut. But at the same time, I hope my assumptions of them are wrong. But Link and Aryll both seem very different from their parents in every way. It's strange.

"Let's go back inside then." Link speaks to me, his eyes looking at me.

I nod in return. This is ironic- he's the one doing all the speaking now, and I'm the one who is nodding in silence.

We both walk back inside the building, he is walking slightly behind me. We can hear the indistinctive chatter in the distance as we approach the hall.

All of our families and all the guests are still sat at the tables. As we enter back in the room, I notice a lot of eyes on us as we walk back to our seats. I feel unease again. Almost claustrophobic.

I sit back down, and let out a deep breath. King Ganondorf begins to speak to Link, and then my father turns his attention to me. Oh no. I think I'm about to get in trouble for exiting the hall without consulting him. But I shouldn't have to notify my father that I'm simply going outside to get some fresh air. It's as if I'm a prisoner. It's ridiculous.

"Zelda, where were you two?" He asks me, sternly like how King Ganondorf asked Link.

"We were getting some fresh air, Father. I felt rather warm and needed some cool air." I explain to him truthfully.

"Please, inform someone the next time you suddenly just decide to exit the room. Nobody had any idea where you were." He explains.

"I'm sorry, Father." Is all I say in return. I haven't got the energy to argue with him. I need to save my energy for the guests.

"You and Prince Link must now go around the tables and greet the guests again." He informs me.

"Very well." I say in return, standing up. Link does the same as me, I'm assuming his father just told him to do the same things.

"Are you ready?" I ask him, looking at him.

He nods back at me in return.

We then both make our way to the table closest to ours. "This is the Lorulean royal family. My distant relatives." Link informs me.

***
Hello everyone! I just want to wish you all a merry christmas! I hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow and I will be uploading an extra chapter tomorrow as my gift to you!

I also wanted to take the time to thank you all for the support and kindness you have all shown! I appreciate you all so much! I really hope everyone is enjoying the book so far! Thank you again!