Morning.

"Good morning, your highness. You have a very big day ahead of you." A maid wakes me up with her gentle voice. I open my eyes slowly, still exhausted. I had an awful sleep last night; I couldn't fall asleep for ages, and then kept waking up in the middle of the night for no reason, so I'm now going to be tired all day, great. We will be awake until late too.

"Good morning." I say in reply, I sit up, already feeling stress and dread. The maid opens the curtains and I step out of bed.

"Breakfast will be served very shortly. Your mother wishes for you to be as quick as you can." She informs me and I thank her before she exits, shutting the door behind her. I get ready for breakfast, this is... terrifying. My last breakfast living in Hyrule Castle. As an unmarried woman.

I hesitantly leave my room, but before I leave, I take one last look at my room. I won't be coming back here every night now. I'm going to be in a new room, in a new castle, in a new bed, sleeping next to him.

I sigh, feeling mentally exhausted, this is my wedding day. I should be the happiest I've ever been, however, it couldn't be anything further from it. I don't think I've ever been so unhappy with life.

Closing the door behind me, I feel my whole body feel as if I've just left something behind, something valuable, and I need to turn back.

Trying to shake off the unsettling feeling, I start walking towards the great hall for my last breakfast. Wow, today feels so depressing already. I hate it. I wish to be in a positive mood, but it feels impossible with all of these events occurring in my life.

I walk inside, and am greeted by my family. Queen Cia and Prince Link are missing. Everyone turns to look at me and I assume my expression implies that I am confused at their absence.

"Good morning, Zelda." My father says as I take a seat next to Ravio.

"Good morning." I say softly in return.

"Queen Cia and Prince Link are having breakfast with King Ganondorf and Princess Aryll, as they have returned to Hyrule for the wedding." He informs me. "And, it is tradition that the bride and groom do not interact or see each other on the day before they are wed." He explains the religion of the Golden Goddess to me, as if I've never heard of it before, but I just nod to be polite.

Breakfast is served almost instantly; an omelette with greens and a two slices of bread. I assume this is to keep me going for the day.

"Now, eat up, as today is a very big and important day for you, Zelda." My mother tells me as everyone begins to eat their meal.

I'm not sure why, but everything everyone is saying to me is annoying me, and I am experiencing very sarcastic thoughts, because why wouldn't I eat my breakfast, and I know it's an important day. Why are they treating me as if I was a small child?

I don't want to eat my breakfast. I know that it will taste delicious but my brain is un appealed to it. Everyone is dining around me and I, as usual, look so incredibly awkward. I stick out like a sore thumb. I notice one of the maids has been looking at me since I've lost my appétit with concern. I don't want to come across as rude but my brain doesn't find this food to be a want at the moment. I've always lost my appétit when I've been nervous. It should come back.

I take a few nibbles and small bites out of my food, however, my taste buds seem to have teamed up against me with my brain.

"Okay, everyone." Father starts and even just hearing his voice makes me feel startled. I can tell today is not going to go very well for me. "Zelda, it is time for you to get dressed and prepared for the wedding now." He informs me, glancing at the clock, causing my gaze to follow his. 6:30am. "Please, escort Zelda to the dressing room." He asks one of the maids and she nods out of respect.

I then stand up, and we walk out of the room. She is in front of me and by the way she is hastily walking, she seems a bit timid and nervous by my presence. I don't want that at all. "Thank you for escorting me." I tell her in soft tone to try relax her a bit, and show her that I'm not as cold as my father.

"Of course, Princess." She replies in a hushed tone.

She still seems nervous, maybe I should start conversation with her. I'm trying really hard to distract myself and this seems like a good opportunity to do so. And, I want to make her day better, so at least someone has an enjoyable day.

"What's your name?" I ask her sweetly.

"Suzana, your majesty." She replies politely.

"That's a pretty name." I smile, walking next to her. "You probably know this already but, today's my wedding day." I tell her with a small sigh falling.

"Of course. However, If you don't mind me saying, you didn't sound too pleased, princess?" She asks nervously and in a mouse-like tone.

"Well, it was an arranged marriage. So I don't really know him very well." I briefly explain. "So naturally I'm quite nervous, you could say."

"I understand." She replies nodding. "I wish you all the best." She replies kindly, I think she's starting to come out of her shell a bit. It's likely that she feels more comfortable now that I've opened up a bit.

"Thank you. When I return to Hyrule one day, hopefully soon, I'll make sure to say hello to you." I tell her with a smile and she smiles back.

"That's very kind of you, Princess." She replies as we eventually reach the dressing room and my anxiety is now sky high after a short distraction. "We're here, I wish you all the best for today, and a happy marriage." She tells me, bowing her head.

"I really appreciate that- thank you." I tell her with a warm smile, meaning my words deeply. She walks away, again in her hushed and nervous manner. What a sweet girl, she was probably a similar age to me. I've always made it a priority of mine to make the workers in the castle feel comfortable around me and show them that I'm not as stern as my father.

Taking a deep breath, I then knock on the door after a few moments. Wow, I'm so nervous now. Moments later, the door is opened by a Hylian woman- she is wearing bright and glamorous clothing and appears very confident, and I'm certain I recognize her face from somewhere. That's when it hit me. It's her.