Ready to go.

It's now finally time to say goodbye. To my family, my friends, my home, my kingdom. Everything.

I don't think I'm ready. I'm not ready to leave Hyrule. It's all I've ever known. My brain isn't acknowledging the fact that I'm leaving and this just doesn't feel real, but my higher self knows that it is real. Very much real and happening.

All of my things are packed into the carriage, a long with everyone else's weekly supply. The only difference is the quantity; I have all of my belongings. And now it's time to say goodbye.

I walk outside the gates, towards the carriage. Everyone is already waiting for me.

"Well, it is now time for us to depart." King Ganondorf announces and I nod.

I guess it's time to say goodbye to my family. My eyes wander over to see the four of them standing there, and then over to my aunt, uncle and cousins. My legs slowly walk over to them.

Their expressions all read melancholy. It makes me sad to see Farore and Ravio especially, upset. I start with Ravio, who stands there silent.

I pull him gently into a hug, into which he gives me a tight squeeze in return after a few moments. "Goodbye, Ravio." I say softly.

"I'm going to miss you, Zelda." He says timidly, which is unusual for his outgoing personality.

"I'm going to miss you too, but don't worry, I'll see you very soon! I promise." I tell him reassuringly as we pull away. "Take good care of Farore and Hyrule for me." I say with a wink.

"I will." He says, his confidence now showing again which makes me smile.

"Thank you, I believe in you." I say before turning to Farore. She is wiping away a tear from her cheek with her sleeve. I move my thumb to wipe away another tear that is falling from her other eye. This breaks my heart to see them like this. It's not fair. "Save your tears for another day. Today isn't worth your tears. I'm still here, we're all okay, we're just not together physically." I say in my best attempt to halt her crying.

"I-... Please don't go." She says before she sniffles. She's still beautiful when she cries. "I need you here, Hyrule needs you here." She pleads quietly.

"I can't, Farore. I wish I could but it's time for me to go and begin a new chapter of my life, in another Kingdom." I try to be as gentle as possible in my words. "I'll write to you weekly. Hytopia is only a few hours from here. I promise I will be back soon, and you can come visit me. There are so many solutions, and nothing will ever separate us- you're my other half." I give her a wide smile, I'm speaking the truth.

She begins to cry gently, my mother places a hand on her shoulder. This is such a difficult thing to do, we have been inseparable since she was born. We've done everything together. Of course me and Ravio have always been close, but since me and Farore are both female, we've always been very alike and incredibly close.

I give her a hug, and she hugs me back, still sobbing gently into my shoulder. "I'll be back before you know it." I reassure her.

"Okay, I trust you." She says as we pull away. I smile warmly and she gives me a smile back. I really hope she manages okay.

Now, I move to my mother. I stand in front of her and give her a half smile. I'm not angry at her, but I'm not happy with her.

"Well, I guess this is it." I say to her, not showing any particular emotion in my voice.

"I wish you nothing but the best, Zelda." She says with an almost regretful aura.

"Thank you, mother. As for you." I say trying to be as strong as possible. As much as I resent her and my father for allowing this to happen, I don't want them to feel entirely guilty. It's not their fault completely- they were just doing what's best for the kingdom. But in a way, it angers me that they put their own interests of the kingdom before the wellness of their own daughter.

"You're going to go on to do incredible things. I ensure you you're in good hands." She tells me, I think convincing herself.

"Thank you." Is all I say in return, I feel tension in the air, not from her, but from me.

"Oh, Zelda," She says, stepping closer to me, placing her hand on my cheek. Her palm is soft and lukewarm against my skin. "My firstborn. You will always be my darling. I love you more than you will ever know, my little bird."

Little bird.

Mother hasn't called me that for years. Memories of good and happy times where I felt safe and secure come flooding in- the complete contrary from how I feel now, and I can't block the tears rushing to the surface of my eyes. She notices this and wraps her arms around me, embracing me with love. I give into her warmness and hug her back. Oh, mother. How I adore her.

"I love you, more than you realise." She whispers softly.

"I love you so much." I say truthfully, with a shaky voice. Trying my absolute hardest, I manage to suck it up and save my tears.

I pull away, and look at her and give her a fake smile. "I'm fine." I tell her with a convincing voice.

"Are you sure?" She asks me, worry expressed on her features.

"Positive." I tell her, before then turning to my Father. I'm so glad I managed to pull it together before anyone noticed, accept my mother.

I bow my head softly as I stand in front of him.

"Zelda," He starts, I think he doesn't actually quite know the words to say to me. But after a moment or two, he finally speaks. "Best regards. You are a very bright young lady, and I'm proud to call you my daughter. Thank you for everything you've done for the kingdom, and will continue to do for Hytopia."

His words are never usually this kind, so when they are, I make sure to cherish them close to my heart. "Thank you, Father, I won't let you down." I tell him proudly, and we then share a short embrace, which I haven't experienced in years.

"Well, it is time for your departure now." He tells me as he looks at me after separating.

"Yes." I say, before turning to Sonia and her family.

"Farewell, Rauru, Sonia, Arabella and Eric." I say to the family, bowing my head to them.

"Goodbye, Zelda." They all reply kindly, repeating the gesture of bowing their head.

I then walk slowing towards the carriage where my new family awaits for me- this is really goodbye. I arrive and I step inside hesitantly, and sit down in the free space next to Prince Link. I really don't want to go.

As the carriage begins to move, I wave out the window, where I see everyone waving back at me, Farore wiping a tear from her cheek. I'm leaving my home forever now.

Goodbye, Hyrule.