Sisterly Love.

Zelda's POV.

"Princess, you appear to be angered?" Link asks me in his usual calm manner. Well, he seems to be good at reading the room, that's for certain.

"I'm fine." I say, trying to remain as calm as possible, mirroring his persona. "I'm just frustrated." I admit honestly. Not with him in particular, but with everything that has occurred in this past week.

I don't want to rant to him, he doesn't need to hear all my trivial concerns. We shortly reach the great hall for dinner, and are greeted by everyone already seated and awaiting their meal. I think we might be slightly late.

"Good evening, you two." My mother greets us, everyone looking in our direction. She doesn't have any resentment in her voice, she probably isn't angry at me because I agreed to spend the afternoon with him alone. She has no right to be annoyed.

"Good evening." I reply modestly. I take a seat next to Farore and Link takes a seat next to his mother.

After a short amount of time, food is then served and everyone begins to eat. Tonight we are served with steak and some steamed vegetables on the side. I, as usual, thank the maid for serving our repast.

"So, Zelda..." Farore asks me in a hushed tone, "How was your afternoon with Prince Link?" She finishes her question, fortunately not loud enough for anyone to hear amongst the chatter.

"It was... eventful to say the least. But not awful." I sum it up for her.

"Oh? How so?" She asks curiously.

"Well, we took a stroll around the orchid, and as we were taking a short break sitting down, I got a tad bit upset and snapped at him for his silence." I explain to her, keeping her in suspense which she is unaware of, "But, he did apologize, and he promised me he would communicate with me more." I finish.

"Oh wow. So it was quite the eventful afternoon you claimed it to be." She replys. "Did anything else happen while you two were together?" She asks.

I give her a simple nod. "Yes, we actually spoke a small bit about our interests and we then went to the Chapel for a short while. It wasn't half bad."

"Oh well, I'm glad it was okay." My sister says with a true smile. She's such a sweet and kind soul. I tell her everything and she does the same likewise.

"Thank you, sister." I return her smile. "So, what did you get up to today?" I ask, we haven't actually spoken too much recently with everything going on.

"Oh, my day was fine." She says before she pauses to take a bite of her food. "This morning I had a lesson on politics. It was rather boring." She explains and I don't doubt her on it for a second.

"I know exactly how you feel. Don't worry though, the lessons stop at 16." I attempt to ease her.

She nods in agreement. "I know, not too much longer. But anyhow, this afternoon I visited castle town; I went to offer aid in your place, as you were busy." She tells me.

"I'm sorry you had to do that. Fortunately it's not a difficult (or for the most part boring) task." I say.

Shortly, we finish our meals and dessert is served. I'm given a slice of cheesecake and it looks delicious.

"Zelda, how was your afternoon with Prince Link?" My mother then asks me the long-awaited question I've been expecting.

"It was fine." I reply to her and I can feel Link looking at me again.

"Well, that is delightful to hear." Queen Cia replies. "You two are going to be perfect together."

"Indeed, and with such short time before the wedding, it's a great benefit." My father says and I nod in reply. They're right, it is more convenient that we know the basics about each other.

"Oh, by the way Farore," I say, once again gathering her attention away from the conversation between the adults.

"Yes, sister?" She replies, awaiting whatever I am about to say.

"Would you do the me the favor of being my Maid of Honour in my wedding?" I ask her and her face lights up as bright as the sun.

"Of course! Of course I will, Zelda!" She half squeals.

"Girls, please keep the noise down!" Our father reprimands us.

"My apologies, father." I say on both of our behalf.

After delicious food and conversation, me and Farore go back up to my room to spend some time together before bed.

She takes a seat on my bed and I take a seat on the stool of my vanity. "Wait..." Farore begins to speak and she appears unsettled, receiving my full attention. "When you and Prince Link are married, does that mean that you will be living in Hytopia?"

I'm actually really surprised I haven't thought of that. Wow. "I... I actually don't know. Nobody has told me yet." I tell her softly. "But, I think most likely the answer will be yes." I explain.

"I don't want you to leave!" My sister half-cries.

I don't really know what to say- but there is still a chance we will be in Hyrule. "It's not for certain. I haven't even been told yet, there's still a chance we will stay in Hyrule, even just temporarily." I try to ease her worries.

"I hope so. It's so unfair." She sighs to herself and I just can't help but agree with her.

"Yeah, I know." I say looking at my hands. "Though, we're having our honeymoon in Calatia- It's Queen Cia's home kingdom. So we will be there temporarily for around a week." I explain the situation.

Farore nods softly, playing with her necklace. "I'll miss you..." She says gently and a small smile appears on my lips, feeling sorry for her. "But that's cool, I never knew Queen Cia was from Calatia." She replies to my statement and I give her a nod.

"I'll miss you the most. But you have to be brave for Ravio- you're his big sister and he looks up to you. And he will especially when I'm gone." I say as I walk over to her, sitting next to her.

Her eyes land on me. "I love you, Zelda. And I will, I promise." She says before pulling me into a tight embrace. Of course, I hug her back just as tight.

"I love you too, Farore." I say in a hushed tone, but loud enough for her to hear.

We stay in my room, chatting about things and laughing until almost 12am.

"Now, I'm not kicking you out, but I think you should go to bed now." We stayed up so late since this will be one of the last nights we actually can spend together, just being ourselves.

"No- Zelda!" She says, distressed again. "Please, let me sleep here!" She begs me.

I think about her request for a few moments before accepting. "Okay, fine." I tell her.

Her face lights up like the morning sun and she smiles greatly. "Thank you, Zelda! Can I wear one of your night gowns?" She asks me, walking over to my dressing room.

"Heh, of course." I say with a giggle. Soon after, she comes out wearing one and then I go inside to change myself.

***

"Hey, it's actually getting late now. We should actually go to sleep." I try to be serious after our giggles and conversations. "Goodnight, Farore."

"Okay, fine." She gives in after me bugging her to finally go to sleep for so long. "Goodnight, Zelda." She says as she turns to face away from me, wrapping herself in my soft duvets.

Likewise, I get myself comfortable and soon we both drift off to sleep, soundly.