Numb.

(Hey everyone- sorry for the late update. I've had a really bad hangover today so haven't really done much, but thank you all for the support and I hope you enjoy todays chapter!)

A few moments after my door slams, I exhale and lean back on it. I don't want to marry that ignorant Prince that I want nothing to do with- let alone love.

I lay on my bed, staring at my ceiling. I'm starting to feel resentment towards my parents. Because of their differences, I'm the one having to end their pathetic disagreements. I'm also starting to dislike the monarchy in general! Kings of the kingdoms- so arrogant and so stuck up in their own silly lives that they start things like wars between kingdoms. Thanks to the actions of my father and King Ganondorf, I'm having to become the solution to ending this war! I wish I was a commoner- living a simple life in Hateno village and whatnot, not being force against my will to agree to an arranged marriage! Oh, I can only dream.

I sit up, anger still in my veins. I notice that it's dark outside and decide that I should probably sleep, i'm exhausted after today. The coldness has worn me out, that's probably why i'm so easily irritated right now. I change into my night dress and close my curtains. I lay in my sheets and close my eyes, almost instantly falling into a slumber.

*******

I'm awoken by one of the maids. "Good morning, Princess." She says softly. Great. Just as I was having a good dream. I don't even want to be awake today.

"Good morning." I say in reply, sitting up in my bed. My anger is no longer here, in fact, I don't feel anything accept tiredness.

"Your mother would like you to come to break fast as soon as possible." She informs me.

"Thank you, miss." I tell her politely, getting out of bed and she leaves the room. I get myself ready in my normal royal blue dress- it's nothing too fancy but it's suitable for a princess. I brush my hair so it's perfect and place a small tiara on my head, as well as a silver necklace with a sapphire in the middle. I look pretty, but I don't feel pretty. I feel... nothing.

I leave my room, closing the door gently behind me. I walk down the long halls and stairs, eventually reaching the great hall. The door is opened by 2 guards and I thank them. Again, I see everyone sat at the table, chatting as they are served their breakfast.

I take a seat in between Ravio and Queen Cia. Thankfully I don't have to sit next to Link today.

"You're late, dear." My mother says, I know she's telling me off but trying to do it politely in front of the guests. I can see it from her facial expression, she's looking at me with stern eyes.

"My apologies, mother, and everyone." I say in a neutral tone, I don't really care what anyone thinks and I quite frankly don't care that my mother is scolding me for being late. What is wrong with me?

"Please, just eat up and be earlier for next time." She says and I nod. I don't have the energy for this.

I'm served my dish of fruit and oats and I begin to tuck in, i'm not too hungry so I kinda just play around with my food.

"Zelda, please eat properly." My father says loudly and startles me.

"I'm sorry, father." I say and I notice everyone looking at me. I feel so uncomfortable right now. I continue eating and as everyone goes back to their chatter, I feel his eyes upon me still, usually this would bother me but it honestly doesn't as much as it usually does.

After we're all finished, I stand up, but a few seconds later my mother reminds me of todays tasks. "Remember, Zelda." I my head to look at her. "Me, you and Queen Cia are going to sort out the wedding arrangements."

"Of course, mother." I reply and I follow them into the library of the castle. My mother has a private study in here and we go inside and I shut the door behind me before we all take a seat.

"So, we already have arranged for the wedding to take place at the Temple of Time, but we haven't actually discussed anything else." My mother speaks.

"Zelda, we have already arranged for you to wear your mothers old dress- for tradition." Queen Cia says, and honestly I'm not even bothered. I don't want this wedding, but either way it's going to happen, in response she receives submissively nod.

"On the list we have:
Dress (check)
Venue (check)
Ball theme
Rings
Times
Food
Maid of Honour & Bridesmaids
Groomsmen.
Honeymoon."

"I think we should discuss times first. That is the most important thing." Cia says and my mother agrees.

"Alright, so we want the actual ceremony to take place during the day so that the banquet and the ball aren't too much later on." My mother says.

"Zelda, what time would you like?" Cia asks me.

I don't care. "Umm... Maybe like 12pm?" I suggest.

"Fantastic, that's checked off the list." Mother says, ticking it off.  "Maid of honour and bridesmaids? The limit is 5." She asks and they both look at me.

"Impa, Farore, and the rest I don't mind. I'm assuming you two will find some other princesses for the role." I reply to her pointless question and Cia ticks that off the list.

"Me and Link have already discussed Groomsmen so we can tick that off too." Cia says and does so.

"Ball theme? I think we will just have our kingdoms colours mixed and we will have the event here in the ballroom." My mother says and Cia agrees. They didn't even ask me. Cia checks it off.

"Now we have food; Meats, vegetables, cakes, cheese and wine, bread ect." Mother says again, not asking for my opinion and Cia ticks. What's even the point of me being here? I'm just bored.

"Now, this is exciting." Cia says reading the next topic and I'm feeling a nervous tingle within me. "Honeymoon." She continues. Great. "Actually, in the kingdom of Calatia where I am from, there is a magnificent palace that my family, as well as King Ganondorf and I had our honeymoon at. So I think that this palace would be a good, suitable location for the honeymoon to occur." She finishes.

"That sounds like an excellent idea!" My mother replies and Cia again ticks off the box. Again- I'm getting no say in this. Even if I objected to this decision, I'm sure that it would be considered extremely disrespectful as it is a tradition of the Catalian royal family.

The two finish the other preparations while I just sit there with my chin in the palm of my hand. I'm beginning to realise more and more that soon my life is going to change drastically and it's making me feel more hopeless by the minute.

We've been sat here for hours and we're finally done. "Now your in the castle, Zelda, you can join us for lunch! The Kings and Prince Link should be back now." My mother states. I don't argue, despite me not feeling the slightest bit of hunger.