Extended Family.

Merry christmas everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful day without whoever  you may be spending it with! And as promised, here is my gift to you of an extra chapter! I hope you enjoy!
***

Hyrule and Lorule haven't always had a good history either, much like Hyrule and Hytopia. This is because King Ganondorf and the King of Lorule are actually cousins. Their fathers were brothers, and of course, were allies. Just like how Labrynna and Holodrum were Hyrule's allies. Fortunately, because of marriages, all of these kingdoms are at peace. As Styla married Prince Nohansen, the Prince of Holodrum, Hytopia and Holodrum have been at peace. And now, all kingdoms will be at peace because of me and Link.

Thankfully Link will be able to carry this conversation, since the Lorulean royal family are his extended family. We are now approaching the table and all of their gazes have turned to us.

"Link, Princess Zelda." The King greets us.

"King Majora." Link greets the man in return, shaking his hand.

"Congratulations on your marriage." King Majora offers his blessings to him.

Once Link finishes shaking his hand, his attention turns to the rest of the family- greeting them by shaking their hands.

"It's wonderful to have you all here. Thank you all for coming to such an occasion." He thanks them politely for their presence.

"Thank you for the kind invitation." The Queen says in return, I'm assuming this is King Majora's wife.

I'm currently stood here awkwardly, as if I don't exist. The whole families attention is on their... cousin? Nephew? I'm not sure exactly what you would call them. Anyways, they converse a bit to catch up, before then, King Majora's eyes turn to me.

"Princess," He says, turning everyone's attention to me. I now feel nervous. "It's a pleasure to meet you." He says, standing up and bowing to me.

Of course, I politely curtesy to him in return. "It's an honour to meet you too, your highness."

"I apologise for not introducing Zelda to you all, I was about to do so." Link says, placing his hand on my back and gently pushing me with him closer to the table. "This is King Majora, King of Lorule, and the cousin of my father." He gestures to the man who I've just met. I smile to him, bowing my head to him.

"And this is Queen Midna, his wife." Link gestures to the tall and slender female who bows her head to me and in which I do in return.

"Lovely to meet you, your highness." She says to me with a kind smile.

"Likewise, your majesty." I reply politely.

"And this is Prince Richard. The heir to the throne of Lorule." He gestures to the eldest male who stands up in front of me.

"How lovely to meet you, your grace." He says, taking my hand and kissing it, gently.

"You too, Prince Richard." I say, bowing my head.

"And last but not least, these are the twins; Prince Zant and Princess Hilda." Link introduces me to the final two of the family.

"Your highness, greetings." Prince Zant says, with a voice is calm but something about the way he speaks makes me feel uneasy. He bows to me, but when his eyes meet mine, his gaze sends a shiver down my spine. I can't pinpoint exactly what about it is making me feel like this, but I feel like he may have ill intentions.

I smile nervously in return but I try my best to hide it. " Thank you, your majesty." I bow my head gently out of respect.

"Princess." Princess Hilda says, curtsying in front of me. However, her face remains neutral; she doesn't smile like the rest of her family. Her eyes hold somewhat of... disgust? That's odd...

"Your grace." I say, repeating the gesture. But unlike her, I offer her a warm smile.

"It is an honour to meet you all, and to have you all here." I speak to them all out of respect.

"Welcome to the family, fair Princess." Prince Richard says as somewhat of a joke, considering how distant he is to Link, however, they're of the same blood.

"Thank you so much for the warm welcome." I reply to him but my words are aimed at them all.

"You are more than welcome." Queen Midna replies kindly.

We chat with the family for a while longer, they mainly catch up with Link and discuss some things, I'm included in the conversation from time to time but I don't mind when I'm stood in silence while Link catches up with his family.

"Well, I will come and see you all later on this evening," Link starts after about 5-10 minutes of conversation, "But we must be going now. We have a lot of other guests to greet. It's great to see you all again."

"You too, all the best, dear." Queen Midna says, smiling to the pair of us. We then wave goodbye and they do the same.

As we walk away, I let out a deep breath to prepare myself for the next table that we're going to approach. I will likely now be doing the main part of the talking as Link likely won't be fond of the next guests.

"Are you alright?" Link asks me genuinely as we walk to the next table.

"I'm okay, thank you. How are you?" I ask him back, also genuinely.

"I'm fine. Thank you." He replies. "My family from Lorule are rather... excited." He says to say the least.

"Indeed they are." I say softly. "I don't think Hilda was too keen on me." I say honestly.

"How so?" He asks me curiously.

"Well, she gave me some sort of look as if to let me know that she isn't a big fan of me. I don't know, though. Maybe I'm just being paranoid."

"Well, Hilda and Zant have something about them. I've never been very fond of either of them. Richard on the other hand, he is more of a... I guess you could call him promiscuous." He tells me to my surprise.

"Really? I'm rather surprised by that." I tell him my honest opinion. That explains the off aura that I received from both Zant and Hilda, and also from King Majora... but I'm not going to mention anything about him. And it also explains Richard's gaze.

I'll keep an eye Zant and Hilda, I don't trust them or what their intentions may be. Hopefully I'm just getting the wrong impression, but from what I've learned from Link, I don't think I am. I've also learned to always trust my gut. And that's what I'm doing. I'll also keep an eye on Richard, but I believe he's harmless, so I won't give him too much thought.

I'm getting too distracted. We're approaching the next table of guests.

My eyes focus on the next table our legs are guiding us to. The table is occupied by the Zoran royal family. This should be okay.