Rhoam.

In comes the brawny man who I call father. He is dressed in a similar outfit to Ravio, in which he also bears the same colour pallet of, as well as the rest of my family. He closes the door behind him with a harshness in his action. However, his face doesn't hold his usual stern, dominant glare. He looks... Hurt? Upset? Sorrowful? Dejected?

I don't utter a word. I stay silent as he stands there. The deafening silence floods the room and I feel defenceless once again. I'm drowning.

"Zelda..." The high-powered man speaks. I wait silently for him to continue, and after a few short moments, he does; "I..."

At a loss of words, I patiently wait for him to find the right words. I'm growing more and more anxious for what he's going to say. Is he feeling anger?

"My daughter..." He begins for a second time. "This was a great deal to ask of you. And you are extremely diplomatic for doing such a great act without any objections. Thank you."

I'm not sure how to reply. What am I meant to say right now? Is this my father being sympathetic? I didn't know he could feel such emotions.

"It's okay..." I reply timidly. I feel so intimidated right now. This isn't a nice feeling at all. I feel small.

He takes a deep breath through his nose. Before looking at me. "You look so beautiful."

"Thank you." I tell him to be polite, I don't feel beautiful, I feel uncomfortable; this dress feels like it's suffocating me, even if it's the right size for me.

I stand up, as I'm guessing it's time to leave, now that he's here. That small action feels like torture. More dread rushes through my veins.

"Zelda..." Distracting me from my thoughts, father's voice is heard again. "I'm sorry." He tells me.

What? Did he really just say that? I've never heard those words come out of his mouth in my entire life.

"What?" I ask him to confirm what it is he's actually apologising for.

"I'm sorry." He repeats. I heard what he said, I was trying to get him to clarify what he's apologising for.

"Why?" I speak again, only using one word sentences out of fear.

"For this wedding and marriage." He finally confirms what he was apologising for. "This was a matter that in no way was an issue that you caused, and yet you're still the one whom receives the consequences. This was unfair for you, and I'm sorry that it had to be this way, my daughter." He finishes.

He isn't wrong, I know it's not fair. But this didn't have to be the consequence. Couldn't we have signed an armistice? A peace treaty? Why did the result have to be an arranged marriage? I'm not even sure how to reply, so I just nod my head in response.

"We must go to the altar in a moment, but I just wanted to take this moment to apologise to you directly." He explains. "I understand that this must have been a great shock for you, and rightly so; it was extremely sudden, and it had actually only been decided an hour before you found out." He explains.

"But... why?" Is all that manages to escape my mouth.

"Why what?" He asks, unsure of what I'm actually questioning.

"Why did the consequence have to be a marriage?" I ask in a mousy tone.

He sighs before replying. "The court decided that, rather than an armistice, which if we signed, would only indicate a formal end to the war, but not a peace agreement, a marriage between two children from both kingdoms, would bring both kingdoms together and therefore, would be the equivalent of a peace agreement." He explains.

"Oh." Is all I reply with, even though I want to say one million other things. I want to scream in his face for all of the unfair hardship he has caused me in my life, from a young age. Like forcing me to excel in my studies, awaken my sacred power, become the perfect princess for the kingdom. It was cruel. And now this, marriage at the ripe young age of 16.

"Now, I wish you my best regards in this marriage, my daughter. I wish happiness and love for you." He tells me. "It may be a bit uncomfortable at first, but I have faith that things will become easier."

I nod my head. He just doesn't get it. Yes, it will be difficult, and yes, it may eventually become easier, but I'll never be content with the fact that my life is being taken from me; whatever remained of my childhood and teenage years. I'm being forced into responsibility when I should really still have someone looking after me. I'm still a child!

Father stands in silence. He appears melancholy. I guess his feelings are mirroring mine, and the butterflies in my stomach are making me feel nauseous. I'm so incredibly uncomfortable here. I want to leave. I want to disappear.

I think he wants to say something, but doesn't know what to say or how to word it. I'm not sure, but I'm getting anxious waiting for him to even say it.

"Zelda." He now says in a serious manner, making my anxiety grow again, my eyes land on him, waiting for him to continue. "I want to apologise for not fulfilling the fatherly role that you deserve."

What? Is he being serious? I don't know what to say. I'm glad he's said that, but I'm also furious that it took him 16 years to realise this. However, I'm too anxious to have this conversation right now so I'm going to cut this short and leave it for a later date.

"Thank you father, I appreciate your apology." I tell him with nothing but honesty in my response.

He replies with a nod. I think he feels uncomfortable and awkward around me, since he doesn't actually know me every well at all, and I'm the same when it comes to him. He's never really put an effort into my life, as much as it upsets me, I also don't hate him for it because I understand that he has always been occupied with affairs of the kingdom.

"It's time." Father speaks again, my gaze viciously shoots to the clock, and when I see the time, my eyes widen with horror and dread.

My goddess. It's time.