Close.

Impa and I spend a while together, we catch up, laugh, something which I haven't done in a while and I'm so grateful she actually manages to distract me for a while. I even had some wine with her, and I usually don't like it!

But of course,

All good things must come to an end.

Because now I must leave her company and return to Link, and continue to do what I've been doing all day.

"I will definitely come back to you later, Impa." I tell her, we have more time after the dance.

"Of course, Princess." She replies to me with a smile. Oh now I am going to miss her. She's my bestest friend and she always knows how to cheer me up on my dullest days. I can't help but smile back at her.

My father escorts me away now, unfortunately. As my face turns from Impa behind me, to face forward, my eyes are met with my family, and Link and his. Why is no one smiling? Wait, have I done something wrong? 

As we approach, their expressions become more clear, they appear more neutral than anything. Oh, thank Hylia. My heart was about to start racing again for no reason.

"It is now time for the dance." Father tells me as we reach them. "I shall announce this to the guests." He informs us and then goes and does so, catching everyone in the room's attention.

Once announced, everyone begins to proceed to clear out of their groups to the side of the room. The musicians begin to play a different style of music; from casual then to more romantic.

"Zelda, you need to go and dance with Prince Link." Farore whispers to me, informing me.

"I know." I tell her in reply, also whispering. "I'm actually quite nervous." I say truthfully.

"Of course you are. It's natural." She says. "But now, you must go!" She says slightly hurried, and gestures towards Link.

I take a deep breath and then I walk towards his direction. When he sees me moving towards him, he places his hand out for me, another hand placed behind his back. I place my hand in his, and with my other hand, I hold my dress gently. From a young age, I've been taught how to dance traditionally like this, so I'm not nervous about messing up, however, I'm nervous about all the eyes upon us, and... being so physically close.

I shouldn't have feelings like that, I mean for one, I'm literally a princess. My whole life I've had eyes watching my every move, expectations, and more. But I also shouldn't be having these thoughts about Link. I mean, we're actually married now so I should get used to it I guess. In fact, I'm going to have to.

We start walking towards the middle of the floor as instructed by my father. I look around and every single eye in the room is on us again. It feels intimidating. I can't help but feel judged, I feel like everyone thinks I'm pathetic.

When we've reached our designated spot, we then turn to face each other and Link places one hand on my back and the other remains in mine. I then put my free hand on his shoulder and then the music starts to change into a slower melody.

Gently, he pulls me slightly closer to him and then we begin to dance. We are so close together I almost feel claustrophobic. Wow.

I focus my attention on him. His scent is that of a cologne that smells wonderful. My gaze shifts up to his face. He is so close. His vibrant eyes are looking back at mine. His sharp, masculine features inches from me, but for some reason I feel no anger or negativity from them. It's odd.

I can't believe I'm actually thinking this, but, I've just comprehended how handsome he truly is. I feel taken aback. This is all so real.

We keep dancing, and so far neither of us have made any mistakes and it seems to be going smoothly, which is such a relief.

The dance continues and I'm starting to gradually feel less anxious about, well, everything that has happened today and what is happening today. The fact that there are hundreds of eyes upon us doesn't make my stomach hurt anymore. I no longer feel dread, and feel a bit lighter.

In fact, I feel the best I've felt all week! Accept for when I've been with Impa, of course. My anxiety and stress is fading. The music is somewhat soothing as well.

Maybe it's the effect of the dancing, I've always loved to dance. Maybe it's taken away the negativity from me. Either way, I'm glad I feel this way now.

After a short period of time, members of royalty and nobility begin to dance with us. I look to my side and I see Princess Styla and Prince Nohansen dancing together, as well as King Daltus and Queen Ambi. There are lots of others surround us but they are the ones I just happened to land my eyes on.

My eyes return to Link, whose eyes then shift from the crowd back to me a few seconds after I look back at him. His expression is neutral. Do people talk during dances? Should I say something? What is wrong with me? There goes my insecurities again. I'll just say something.

"Are you alright?" I say in a quieter tone than I intended. I wish I thought of something better to say, but I guess it was polite.

"I'm fine. Are you?" He says in reply, not as quiet as me, but not completely loud.

"Yeah, I'm okay, thank you." I speak again. Then we go back to silence. That was rather awkward. And it was my own fault.

Our dance is then brought to an end, and I'm then taken to dance with my father and Link is then taken to dance with his mother, following traditions. Father doesn't speak much to me, but he does however, smile at me throughout almost the whole dance. He seems more relaxed than usual, which I'm glad about.

Today everyone has seemed to slow down, even me in the end.