361 - Sweet Pregnancy Moments + Growing Uterus Pains!

Despite them being in Darjeeling for their honeymoon, Anirudh made sure to get Bondita her checkups on time. 

He had called a doctor over for a pregnancy checkup. 

Anirudh was in the room with her as the male doctor performed the checkup. 

"How's the nausea?" the doctor asked. 

"Better," Bondita admitted, "But still bad sometimes."

"She vomits," Anirudh piped in, "A lot!" 

"Pati Babu, it isn't everyday!" Bondita said, "It got less than last month!" 

"Even if it's once Bondita, it makes me uncomfortable!" Anirudh said, glaring at her slightly. 

Bondita pouted, as the doctor just chuckled. 

"Very nice to see how much you love your wife, Barrister Babu. It's  rare to see that here," the doctor said. 

Bondita said, "Daktar Babu, he loves me too much!" 

"Should I love you less Bondita?" Anirudh retorted. 

Bondita glared at him, as if saying with her eyes, don't even think about it

Anirudh just smiled, his heart fluttering. He loved this possessive side of hers, even if it was just for show!

After the Doctor performed further checks, he said that things were progressing well. 

"There's just one thing Daktar Babu..." Bondita said, hesitating slightly, knowing that if she said this, Anirudh would grow extremely worried. But she was worried too. She wanted to hear whether it really was normal from the Doctor. 

"It's..." she gulped, "Sometimes on the sides of my belly I feel a pain." 

Anirudh ran to Bondita's side, practically jumping on the bed! He pressed his hand against her belly from over her saree. "Where?" he demanded. 

Bondita took his hand and gently placed it on the side of her slightly bulging belly, "Here..." then she moved it to the other side, "Here too." 

The doctor looked at Bondita and was about to say something, when Anirudh, sounding alarmed and panicked, started, "I knew it! I knew we should be careful! You sit on the ground, you over exert yourself! You take too much stress Bondita! So much stress... and I... I'm also physically exerting you." 

Before Bondita could somehow quieten him, Anirudh blurted it out, "No more! No more love making! That's it! That's final!" 

Bondita's face went red. He had forgotten the doctor was right there! 

The doctor also looked shy and alarmed by such a bold revelation, but Anirudh wasn't done! 

"Don't you know I can't live if something happens to you? And our baby? If something happens to our baby, what'll happen to me? I can't see you in pain. I can't let any complications happen! Yes, from now on, you're staying in bed. No going out! No hugging, no lovemak --" 

"Pati Babuuuu!" Bondita whined, interrupting him this time. "Listen to what the doctor has to say. What if it's fine?"

"How can pain be fine?" Anirudh demanded. "You're not even in labour yet!" 

He could only shudder when he imagined of the kind of labour pain that Bondita would need to go through!

The doctor swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Barrister Babu, she's right. It's fine. It's normal. What Bondita is experiencing is called growing ligament pains. When the belly is growing at a faster rate, sometimes there is discomfort and pain around the sides of the belly."