374 - Catching Anirudh's Lies

Omg, 200+ votes and comments on the last part! Thank you for all the support. Even after the long waits, over 200 of you are still supporting me. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. 

Here's the next part - I'll try to post another one this weekend if you still want more. ❣️ 

--

Bondita was sleeping soundly. Quite deeply, actually. 

So as soon as Anirudh got under the covers, in the empty space next to her, she didn't even budge. She had always been such a deep sleeper. 

He rested his chin on the top of her hair, snuggling with the front of her body, as his hand reached her curves. The first thing he noticed was that she had grown... there was a slight bump between them as he snuggled with her. 

"Our baby grew," he murmured into her hair, feeling emotional, "And you... your body..." 

He squeezed his eyes shut, tears forming in his eyes. 

His Bondita's body was changing. He had been so afraid because of this. The pain that she would undergo. The changes her body would go through, as her womb made room for another life. 

How much... just how much would Bondita have to go through, for their baby?

Anirudh stroked her hair lovingly, his lips gently brushing over the top of her head. 

"And I can't be with you Bondita, in this time. I'm sorry," he whispered hoarsely. "I'm so sorry."

The tears poured down his cheeks into her hair, as he snuggled with her. 

"Your body is changing so much, your emotions are going everywhere, and I should be here... I should be here right now. But I'm not," he sobbed. "S - sometimes I feel like it's not f - fair for you, t - to have a h - husband like me. A husband who can't ignore his duty to the world." 

His cheeks were wet as he whispered hoarsely, "Y - you chose this type of husband as your life partner. This kind of man. A - And I can't even treat you right." 

He kissed the top of her head, "You're so precious Bondita. So precious. You deserve everything. Everything in the world... and my little B - Bondita, is getting this kind of father." 

His hand went down to her belly, gently caressing the bump that had formed there. "You have this kind of a man as your father," he cried, "A man who can't even be with your Maa in the time that she needs me -- but you know, my Little Bondita? Your Maa is very strong... she... she really d - doesn't need me. She's self-sufficient and capable herself. The truth is... I would like to be with her. I would like to spend my time with her. But, what can I do? When... I also have a duty to the world." 

He sniffled and caressed Bondita's belly. 

Somehow, she adjusted slightly, her breathing faltering. 

Anirudh's heart beat faster. 

If she woke up, what answer would he give her? 

"P... Pati Babu..." her lips formed words, "Is that you?"

Anirudh just wrapped his arms around her and whispered in her ear, ever so softly and soothingly like a lullaby, "It's me. Sleep Bondita."

Bondita smiled in her sleepy state against his chest, "I missed you..." 

She was mumbling her words, without full awareness of what was happening. 

"I missed you too," he whispered in her ear, and then rubbed her back, until he heard her breathing deepen.