366 - Who Did Anirudh Love First?

And the spree has STARTED! Join the party by showering your comments, and don't forget to vote. 💃🎊🥳

--

Bhoumik Babu and Saudamini were staying at a hotel not too far away from the Roy Choudhary haveli. 

When Anirudh got there in the depths of the night, Bhoumik Babu immediately opened the door, facing an unpleased Anirudh. 

"I don't have all night. Get straight to the point," Anirudh said harshly. 

"Tulsipur's great Barrister Babu. If you speak like that, then how can I oblige?" Bhoumik responded, a heavy air of sarcasm in his voice. 

Anirudh eyed Bhoumik Babu as he entered the room. It was a rather large room, with two bedrooms within the space. One door was open - and Bhoumik lead Anirudh into there. 

That was when he noticed Saudamini lying in a bed in the room. A wet cloth was on her forehead. 

"What happened to her?" Anirudh asked. 

"Fever. Terrible one. All because of you Anirudh," Bhoumik Babu hissed. "If you were just gentle with her. If you didn't scare her so deeply. This wouldn't have happened if you just brought her back to me without hurting her." 

Anirudh furrowed his brows. 

Perhaps he had been harsh. However, he hadn't cared. How could he forget about all the atrocious things that Mini had done to his family? To his best friend? to his Bondita?

"You called me to show me this?" Anirudh asked. "You couldn't just tell me over the phone? You should have called the doctor instead. Not me." 

"I've already spoken to the doctor," Bhoumik said coldly. 

"And?" Anirudh questioned. 

Bhoumik went silent for a moment, his eyes piercing through Anirudh as he glared at him. Anirudh looked at Mini. 

She looked innocent, as she slept like this. 

Almost child-like. 

Who could have known that she committed many sins with that very innocent face that appeared angelic as she rested?

"You've hurt my Mini badly Anirudh," Bhoumik then hissed, as Anirudh watched a sleeping Mini. "She has only had nightmares since she visited you, and she only utters your name in her sleep."

Anirudh turned to glance at Bhoumik Babu. 

"You need to help her," Bhoumik then said. "You have to fix what you did." 

"I can only get her admitted to the hospital," Anirudh said firmly. "I can take care of her medical expenses. I can get the best doctors by her side. I can't do anything more."

"You can, and you will," Bhoumik Babu told him, in a threatening voice. "Because if you don't, your world will come crashing - everything you built up this far, will fall like a broken tower. You'll be done Anirudh Roy Choudhary."

Anirudh glared at Bhoumik Babu now, wondering what he was going on about. 

"Anirudh, the doctor said that Saudamini won't get better. She won't recover her memories. Unless..." Bhoumik had a sorrowful look in his eyes now. "Unless, everything appears normal to her, just like how it had been all those years ago. She can't handle any strain. No stress. No pressure." 

Bhoumik breathed deeply and continued, "She... she was treated terribly in jail. But, she doesn't even know why. She doesn't know her crime Anirudh. And, this version of Mini hasn't done anything to you."