371 - Brotherly Bonding 🌸

A reason. 

Kaka had a reason. 

That was why when he whacked Anirudh hard with his cane, he wasn't the least bit sorry. 

What was Anirudh even doing, allowing that murderess to cling to him like that? He was furious! 

Anirudh turned to glare at him, and he hissed, "Kaka! What did I tell you?"

Kaka remembered the threat about Anirudh leaving with his waaris and he just huffed unhappily. 

He stormed towards Anirudh, Mini and Bhoumik and grabbed his cane off the floor. 

All he did was stand there and try hard not to glare at Saudamini. 

"Kaka... are you... upset?" Saudamini asked, looking afraid. 

Trilochan pointedly ignored her. 

Sampoorna was standing in the distance, feeling disgusted. Only Binoy went ahead to join Trilochan. 

"Bhoumik Babu," Binoy said, "Long time no -" 

"Yes, you and Mini met after a long time," Bhoumik interrupted quickly, and then he stepped towards Binoy, patting him on the back, "But we - we have been in touch."

Saudamini just smiled and glanced at Anirudh who was looking away. 

"It's so nice to be back here," Saudamini said. "Baba told me that everyone misunderstands me, so not to be upset if people speak ill to me. But you... you don't misunderstand me, Anirudh. I know that. You have faith in your Mini." 

Anirudh didn't even turn to look at her. 

"Does everyone else here misunderstand me too?" Mini asked softly. 

Anirudh finally spoke and he said, with a heavy heart, "N - No. Nobody misunderstands you here." 

"Really?" Mini asked, her eyes lighting up. "Then... there will be no problem if I come back and live with you Anirudh?"

"What?" Anirudh asked, shocked, and he just turned to look at Bhoumik with intensity. 

"Of course, you will stay here my daughter," Bhoumik said, just as intensely glaring at Anirudh. "After all, where else will you live besides in your husband's home?" 

"I'll go to our room Anirudh!" Mini said with excitement. 

"What!" Anirudh gasped, but she had already started to run up the stairs, as if she had never left this haveli behind at all. 

"What nonsense is this!" Kaka huffed, "She cannot stay here." 

"Yes Bhoumik, she can't stay here," Binoy agreed. "She may have forgotten what she has done, but we have not."

"She believes she is Anirudh's wife. She will stay here," Bhoumik said, glaring at the two of them. "What happened to her was all your fault. Now you shall bear the cost."

"It was not our fault! And she is not Anirudh's wife!" Kaka argued. "Shiv Shiv Shiv! What is this nonsense!"

Bhoumik snapped back, "If your family didn't allow that child to come here as Anirudh's wife, Saudamini would have been married to Anirudh and they would be living a very happy life right now!"

Binoy shook his head slowly and said, "Her true nature just came out thanks to Bondita coming to our house at the right time. And frankly, your true nature as well Bhoumik."

"Our Bahu is irreplaceable!" Kaka yelled. 

As they fought, Anirudh ran after Saudamini who had reached his old bedroom.