383 - Come Closer, You're Mine

Anirudh was stressed out. 

His brother clearly devised this plan to bring Bondita here. What was bothering him more was that Bondita agreed to it. 

Why would she agree?

Anirudh was pacing in his bedroom, back and forth, trying to hide from Bondita - especially after such an embarrassing night last night - and thinking about the next steps forward. 

If Bondita was here, under the same roof as Saudamini... she would definitely be in danger. He didn't trust Saudamini. He couldn't let Saudamini find out about their relationship. 

At the same time, he was keeping Bondita in the dark about what was really happening, for her own good.

Anirudh pressed his hand to his head. 

What was he supposed to do? How could he rectify this situation?

The bedroom door opened, and Saudamini walked in. 

"Anirudh, are you okay?" she asked, as soon as she saw his hand on his head. 

Anirudh removed it and nodded. 

"I know you're stressed out about Batuk," Saudamini said. "He's very young and wants to marry a pregnant lady, whose husband left her." 

Anirudh gulped nervously as he looked at her. 

"She had come here the other day... directly into our bedroom. I should have known then that she was close to this family. You already met her before. Batuk must have introduced you to her," Saudamini said, "And on top of that, the Vaid told me to ask you about Bondita. I guess, it's public - Batuk's relationship with her. So, there is a lot of pressure on this family. This is why people have been looking at us with disapproving gazes. Batuk and Bondita have a controversial relationship. It's making sense now Anirudh." 

Anirudh looked at Saudamini with shock. What a theory she had cooked up!

"I know you must want to help her as a barrister, but you don't want her near Batuk. She's not the right person for him... I know that too. But he asked me for a favour, to help him bring her into this haveli," Mini explained. 

Anirudh furrowed his brows. 

"And you listened?" he hissed. 

"He said only I can help him, and I can't recall him ever asking any favours from me. So I felt like I had to help," Saudamini said. 

"He can't go near her!" Anirudh said, sounding angry. 

"I know you're possessive about your brother!" Saudamini explained. "I will make sure that Bondita won't take advantage of him!"

"No!" Anirudh said right away, causing her to look at him with shock. 

Anirudh felt his throat get dry. How could he explain that he wanted Saudamini to stay away from Bondita at all costs?

He said, "I mean... let it be. The girl already suffered a lot. Don't interact with her much. And as for Batuk, I'll handle him. You don't need to be involved."

Saudamini nodded, and she said, "If you say so."

She then smiled at him. "Anyways," she reached to loosely wrap her arms around his neck, causing Anirudh to gulp and look away, "I had a lot of fun playing tennis with you today. It felt like we were back to normal."

Anirudh reached for her arms to pull them off, and he said, "I'm happy you had fun Mini."

Her hand reached his cheek to caress it, and he said, "I... have to go. I have work to do."