Drunk while Searching for Love

I drove around the city that entire afternoon but failed to find Chris. With all the courage I can muster, I went to his house only to be told by his mom that he was not home. However, I saw that both his motorcycle and car are parked. His mom shyly explained that he borrowed his brother's car.

I did not probe further, I think he needs time. Typical, Chris. He will be okay in no time. I dialed him again, and this time left a lengthy voicemail.

'Hey, Chris! I know I promised to tell him immediately, but I guess I was a coward, so now let me tell you. I'm sorry. Wow, I can't count the number of times I actually said the word Sorry today, but I guess my sorry to you matters most. I choose you, okay? There are tons of uncertainty, but finally, I don't want to live in fear, I want to live by my choice, and I choose you. I broke up with him, Chris. I choose you. Did you hear me? So please, stop being so damn stubborn and find me. I will wait for you at Jolly's bistro, tonight. I won't say no for an answer. I'll wait for you.'

I then left their house and went to Jolly's bistro, I am ecstatic, this could be it. My heart is fluttering, I never thought having the courage to choose what you really want is this exhilarating and thrilling at the same time.

I arrived at the Bistro roughly around 7:00 PM. Went straight for my favorite booth only to find it occupied. I head to the counter where Chris' cousin is clearing some glasses. He looked at me with all smiles.

'Hi Saree, here to meet someone?' He asked happily. Too cheerful if you'll ask me.

'I hope so, yes. I'll sit here first while waiting for my booth to clear up.' I responded while looking at my phone. 7:05 pm, maybe he just got stuck in traffic or something.

'Here you go! Let's start you off with something light and refreshing, my starter Mojitos, just the way you like it at 7:00 PM. Just give me a hint if you want me to start hitting you with the harder version.' Chef Jolly then placed the glass slowly in front of me and winked.

He will come, I know Chris, he can't stay mad at me for a long time. Maybe he just heard my voicemail and is preparing to come here. Yet 4 hours later, no Chris appeared. I think Chef Jolly started giving me the hard stuff because my head is starting to spin. Oh my, this is bad...

'Babe, I think you need to go home now, let me bring you home.' Lara appeared out of nowhere.

'What are you doing here babe? I'm okay. Come come, let's drink! Cheers to a happy life.' I said too drunk if you'll ask me.

'Babe, he isn't coming, okay? If he did come, I told Jason to let him know that you waited. But I don't think Chris will come. Let's go home. You can talk to him tomorrow.' Lara tried her best to make me come home.

'Nooo! I told him I'll wait so I'll wait. Okay? I will wait, he will come to see me. I chose him, you know that? I chose him! He can't do this to me. I broke up with Eric because I chose him. But why? Why is he not talking to me? Why is he missing right now. Where is Chris?!'

'Babe, we have to go.' Lara's final words I can remember, because the next thing I know I woke up on my bed.

'I'll talk to him tomorrow and clear things out. It will be okay.' I muttered to myself.

Or so I thought.

Come Monday, he called in sick and did not work for 3 days. By Thursday, I saw him pass by the corridor, but that's it. No sweet brunch invites, no flowers, no text nor call. Nothing. It was radio silence for a week. I became very frustrated. I chose him for crying out loud and now he is doing this?

Friday night and I decided to get off some steam and asked Lara to accompany me for drinks at the treetop.

"Babe, are you okay?" Kate asked while I sobbed uncontrollably, leaning my arms by the table and bowing my head looking at my feet.

"I don't know, that Chris is just impossible, you know?! What more does he want me to do? I chose him! I chose him over Eric, and now he is what? He is not even looking my way it's as if I don't exist anymore. To hell with him" I think I was shouting with all my might because almost everyone at the nearby table started staring.

"Babe, Saree I think we already have too much to drink, don't you think we should go home now?" Lara said while caressing my back.

"No! I want to drink more. I am annoyed, I am hurt, I am furious. I chose him, do you hear me? I chose him. and what now? I am confused, babe, I am beyond confused."

"I know, I know... How about this, let's go home now, then let's sleep this thing off, and tomorrow I'll accompany you to see Chris, how does that sound?"

"That is a brilliant idea, and you know what? Once I see him, I'm gonna scratch that perfectly chiseled face of his, and make sure he will never forget how much I am hurting right now." I mumbled while trying to balance myself out towards the door. Till I bumped into something hard.

"Oops, sorry." I said shyly. Then I looked into who it is until I came in eye contact with the very person I despise now.

"Ms. Thomas, I'm sorry."

"Ms. Thomas? I am Ms. Thomas now huh? How dare you..." but I was cut-off when a woman then spoke his name in the background while holding his arm.

"Chris dear are you okay? Did this drunk bump into you?"

"No it's okay Honey, let's go?" He said while removing the woman's grip from his arm and holding it tightly. They then passed by.

Chris did not even look back. I was about to pass out when a strong set of arms held me. "Are you okay Miss?" 

"NO, I'm not." Then I went out and left. 

A/N: 

I am seriously ending this book soon, so the Saree X Chris X Eric saga will finally end after X years! 

Hope someone will show me some love out there and comment. First commenter will receive a special message from me. :)

Lovelots, 
B