Cultural Night

Hi Dearests, 

Is someone actually reading? Please please please let me know. :) 
I'm halfway through and it's getting harder everyday. lols

lovelots, 

B

The event's actually staged at the Treetop. Their circular stage and festive ambiance is perfect for such a show.

It's my first time to go up the crazy road with nothing but woods around in a motorcycle. And I tell you it's worth the cold. Thanks to Chris' thoughtfulness he have thought of bringing a jacket for me in advance.

"Here! Please don't fight with me and just wear it?" He asked while throwing a relatively thick rider's jacket with hood on my face.

"I'm not going to fight you, happy?" I then wore it too proud for him to see.

"Good! Excellent. Now we can go." He then started the engine, roared it some more before I hopped it to ride.

"Why take the motorcycle today?" I casually asked, though I'm shouting over my lungs just so that he could hear me.

"I know looking for a parking would be a problem, besides you know how much I love this ride." He answered back.

I need not to respond back, we settled on driving in silence. It made me appreciate the view and the zigzag road going up the mountains. He broke the silence not with words, but with a gesture. He took my left hand which I placed on his shoulder and transferred it to his bodice. Our hands intertwined for some time. I then moved my other hand to hug him full. It's dark, cold and we are traveling up in to the woods. What more can I ask?

Nothing, because I have no right.

We arrived at the venue in one piece. He just let go of my hand as soon as the last curb to the venue is visible. I then let go of my hug on his back, we wouldn't want more stories behind our back wouldn't we?

But I guess it's too late for that, the place is jam packed with students all staring at us as if we're naked.

We head on and went directly to the reserved teachers' seat.

"I'll buy dinner, what you like?" He asked upon reaching our desired table.

"I'll have whatever you're having. And lemon juice please." I'm used to this already and this might be the last time I'll get to enjoy his company. I plan on diving in deep a little bit more.

"Copy on that." He said, then left.

The show was spectacular. The students actually did several musical numbers singing local songs and dancing along with it. It's either I was too engrossed with the show, or because we are sharing one bucket of fries which made me realize Chris and I are sitting too close to each other. He even placed his arms around my shoulders several time during the show.

We are more than half-way through the show when suddenly my phone rang.

I excused myself and went to answer it. Shit! I all together forgot about Eric's promised call. Since last Sunday, he's been calling me every day to update me how his day's been and other technical boring stuff. But the highlight is that he's been talking about going home soon. But every time I ask how soon, he just laughs.

I told him I'm in a school activity and made a little lie by saying I went with the girls. He insisted that we chat a little bit more. As soon as I said "I love you too" it was only then that I realized Chris is already behind me. Not actually eavesdropping because on the way he stood he obviously just arrived. I don't know what he heard but his smile turned into a smug. Nevertheless he turned to me and told me the program already ended we can now go home.

He then walked fast leaving me standing in shock. As soon as I went back to reality he is nowhere to be found. The crowd is now moving fast. I went around looking for him like a lost child on a crowded mall.

Well he is fond of leaving me alone for some time already. But just to make sure I walked to where he parked his motorcycle earlier. It's a long walk to the main entrance. A couple of teachers went to ask me for a ride but I refused hoping that Chris is waiting for me. And he is.

I happen to be following three broadcast communication students - ladies, giggling as soon as they caught sight of Chris sitting by his motorcycle, cellphone on his hand, staring intently towards us. His face is hard, focused on I'm not sure if it's on me, the ladies or someone else behind me. He is very much appealing on his fitting polo that exactly matches mine yet his stand is nothing in comparison on how I bring myself.

Those three girls are known as the beautiful crowd of the university all smiling and waving saying the most seductive "Hi Professor Wess" they could form as soon as they passed by Chris' way.

I tried to back away some yards between us so they won't realize I'm actually with Chris, but I realized that would be blocking few students behind. Chris then went to ride on his motorcycle; I slipped behind him with no words. What will I say? He then asked.

"Ready?"

"Yeah!" is all I could reply.

It was after we passed through the ladies have I realized they are looking intently at us. And heard a not too loud but audible "So they're dating?"

They just don't know how messed up things are. Right there in then I decided to stop with the playing. I'm telling Chris my status, that I have a boyfriend and that he is coming home in a few days' time.

But, why do I have to tell him again? Is he asking? Ugh! What if, I tell him and he just reply back with "So what?" Or "Yeah?" That would be embarrassing. I'll look like an assuming little girl.