The wrong picture

The nightly programs begins at 7:00pm. Usually at 5:00pm he'd arrived bringing anything takeout. We both need to prepare everything by 6:00pm.

However, on the last night Chris told me he needs to do some last minute errands. He even advised that I eat my dinner ahead.

It pulled my energy down for a minute. I surely would miss the last supper.

Since I am lagged behind on all my deadlines I stayed till 6:30PM working on them. To hell with dinner! I should be on diet after all.

It was the same time that Chris arrived knocking on my cubicle's door.

"Knock, knock"

I was too engrossed on my report that I just absentmindedly looked his way. But I was dumbfounded when I saw him smiling his 'oh I'm stricken with lighting' smile. Zeus. High and mighty.

I have to admit, it brighten up my mood. He's well dressed with a black fitting long sleeve shirt and his hair unusually groomed. He grooms it all the time but now it's different.

"Oh, how may I help you Sir? You seems lost." I teasingly said.

"I'm here to procure the hands of a lovely lady." He wittingly responded.

"And why would you desire to procure such lady's hands if you already have one yourself?" Ok now I'm flirting.

I then saw him moving closer to my desk from which I'm sitting.

"Well, she's just too remarkable, to ignore and I'm ...." he rebut, but was cut-off by a scream.

"Whaaaaat! Oh my, this is remarkable. Chris, you must tell me more about this trip of yours to Singapore. I mean competing with other countries' debate teams? This I need to know, more."

Of course Chiara. Wait, CHIARA? What is she doing here?!

She's clinging on Chris' arms, and holding his Debate plaque. She must have not noticed me for she went on with her high-pitch remarks. I'm just not listening to it anymore. I'm looking at her skimpy Armani dress. I know its Armani because I just saw it on their web page this morning.

She came from a rich and influential family after all. Which means, she can have whatever expensive dress she can have. Ugh! Looking at her too close to Chris makes me recede unconsciously to my inner insecurities.

We're totally different Just like Taylor Swift's "You Belong with me" song:

"She wears short skirts

I wear t-shirts

She's cheer captain

And I'm on the bleachers"

While mine would go this way:

"She classy

While I'm tacky

She's Chief Adjudicator

And I'm a mere assistant"

Chris must had a hard time breaking from Chiara's long litany of high pitch speech, because it was just now that he was able to speak. This time using his highly serious tone. Chiara, you remember Sarah right?

"Of course, you silly! Hi Sarah! How are you?" She responded, without even looking at me.

Chris then spoke in a relatively more demanding or sweet tone, that I can't fathom. "Chiara, the program's about to start. Let's go?"

"Sure! Lead the way handsome." Chiara teasingly responded.

Chris then curtly nodded my way and asked "Sarah?"

"Go ahead, I'll follow in a while." They then left with Chiara still clinging on his arms.

Sarah? Again? I though we're past the SARAH phase. But looking at them I have to admit it they do look like match made in heaven. With Chiara around one inch shorter than Chris and having the same sophisticated look and brilliance. 

While me? I'm a borderline fat, short girl who knows what she's doing.

Finally the picture is now complete. And I'm not on it.

Tell me what's wrong with the picture?

I know I can't stay on the same room with Chris and Chiara. I followed after a good 10 minutes and civilly told Chris that I was just actually waiting for him to arrive at the office. I need to go home early since my mother needs me. 

 But in reality my mother isn't home. She went on vacation with her close friends.

As soon as I got home, tears then started to flow. I never wanted to shed tears on someone as arrogant, as egocentric and as big headed as Chris. I should not be crying on the first place.

I have warned myself for nth time that these feelings will surely end in tears.

That I can't and should not expect anything from a man like him.

That I should have known better than plummeting on the pit I excavated myself.

That I should have not cared at all. Never. No.

Yet, I chose not to listen. I chose to fall for the wrong reasons, to the wrong person at the wrong time.

I was foolish enough not to take the good advice I have given myself from the first time I saw those entrancing smile.

I cried myself to sleep that night. It was only 7:30PM. Alone in the deepest corner of my room.

At 10:00PM I was awoken by a call the ID goes "Christian Wess".

I looked at my phone and froze for 5 seconds. WHY? NO! HOW? STOP!

Yet, I saw myself pressing the OK button and heard myself saying "Hey!" in my most beautiful voice. 

A/N : 

Hi Dearests,

Yey! Two chapters in one night! Don't I deserve some love?! Like? Nothing?! 

I hope you enjoyed this Chapter. Will update soon! Promise. 

Lovelots, 

B