The Boyfriend

I decided to go on with my leave from work despite Eric's absence, I need break from everything plus I need to make it up with my best friend.

Waking up too early, I bounced out of bed and went to jolly's. Lara is also in love with their breakfast and I'm in to surprise her and of course the mandatory apology meal.

However, I was in for a surprise. When I arrived at Jolly's Lara's car is in the parking lot. Wow, that's early. She usually goes out of bed at 11:00am this is way too early for her waking time.

As soon as I went inside she's seated on the love-seat with a coffee mug on her hands. When she saw me enter she then stood up straight and looked straight at me.

"What are you doing here?" She asked rudely.

"Babe, can we talk? Please." I asked folding my hands in an act of begging.

"Fine. Sit down."

"Where's Eric? Aren't you supposed to pick him up at the airport or break-up with him or something?"

"He's not coming."

"Oh, sorry Babe."

"He must have known I'm about to do something stupid and deliberately stopped me from doing that" I answered back while sitting next to her, and getting a taste of her coffee.

I almost spat it out. It's whiskey.

"This early babe?" I blurted out, while wiping some miniscule droplets i accidentally splashed out. Gross!

"I'm sorry babe, all I wanted was to make you happy and I thought I was doing just that." She looks too apologetic.

"No, I'm the one who should apologize. I have placed my personal drama on top of everything. This isn't healthy anymore."

"Ugh! Stop with the drama. So how was it with Chris? He was drunk as hell here last night."

"Ask him, he humiliated me in front of many people at work yesterday. There I realized that the last thing I wanted for a boyfriend is someone who doesn't think twice in doing something like that to me."

I narrated everything to Lara and how I feel towards this all. Through ups and downs, life's drama and bliss, Lara is one hell of a friend I'm blessed to have. So instead of joining the pity party she came up with a perfect idea to keep my mind off the issue at hand.

"Do you know what we need at the moment?"

"Get some real coffee?" I teased.

"No, aside from that."

"What?"

"Let's finalize our itinerary for our Asian trip."

"Wow! That's in 3 weeks right?"

"Yes, and we only have 20 days to shop for our OOTDs and chic luggage"

I hugged Lara tight and whispered. "babe, next time remind me to always choose you over some random guy, okay?"

"Chris and Eric are no random guy Babe. Whoever you choose I'll support you."

****

"Surprise!"

I was stun there for a minute, oh wait beyond a minute I guess.

I was running late and getting ready for this civic activity Chris was hosting and he have been texting me since God knows what time just so that I can be there to support his worthy causes. Getting home late despite having an activity the following day was a bad call. But missing Friday night out with my friends means getting boiled alive with all their inquests which by the way can last a lifetime.