Who is Eric

A/N: Dearests, 

Sorry if it took sometime for me to update these two chapters. Just arrived from a trip. Will update the next chapters within next week.

If anyone is reading out there, please let me know with your comments, questions or like. 

Lovelots, 

Bree

There is this little detail I left untold. I am in a steady and serious relationship for 4 years.

It so happened that his name is Eric. He is an aeronautical engineer who works around the globe. It's been a long distance relationship for the past three years, since he accepted the airline job which requires him to travel almost to anywhere in the world as long as there's some plane to fix.

I love him. Love him enough to stick on this relationship despite the distance for years. Eric is the too good to be true boyfriend to me. He's thoughtful, kind, sweet and many more. That is if he ever finds the time to talk to me.

He trusts me as much he trusts himself. He knows I will never betray him by having an affair. (Which I technically have not broken), he trusts that I will remain strong for this relationship to last. (That I doubt) Trusts that I will love no other man as much as I love him (again I doubt).

But, for the past 8 months that we have not seen each other things were rocky. He is too busy with his airplanes, endless flights and unpredictable schedule. Due to irregular time differences we find it very hard to communicate via call. The messages which I reply to 3-5 hours later are the only proof that we have an existing relationship.

At first it makes me furious, yet like anything in this world I got tired and instead focused myself and on something else.

That something else turned to be someone else named Chris.

There, you now know why I can't continue my forbidden love for Christ.

The day turned into a week that I have not gone for brunch with Chris. My close friends at work (Our project associate Ms. Roxanne Shaw, and two third year students – Pearl and Gabrielle) are intriguingly asking where Chris could have been. They have not seen me going out with him the entire week.

I don't trust myself enough to hold the emotions I keep inside. I kept them brewing for so long. So that afternoon after work I asked them to stay for I have a long story to tell.

After a full hour of relating the events, I'm not in any mood to go home I asked them out. One of the few things I enjoy doing when I'm depressed is shop. Unconsciously I bought two collared shirts colored green and blue, just how Chris would typically dress. They teased me choosing those shirts, to stop the taunting I just told them I bought the shirts in memory that once in my young life I fell for someone whom I know can never be mine.

We played by the arcade hitting ghosts with a ball by the large computer screen. I poured all my kept emotions that night all the reservations in the world was decanted on those stupid looking ghosts. I admit I did feel better. The pain that was unbearable for some time was now lighter and in months of juggling between my rocky relationship and uncertain association I feel released.

" So what do you think?" I finally asked while in between game.

"I hate his guts! You know that." Pearl is borderline angry while stating that.

"I mean, he is arrogant and a certified heartbreaker. Haven't you heard what he did to Ms.Contessa last year? He made her fall hard and deep. The next thing she knows he's out of the door even before she can say wait." She added

"It's a misunderstanding." I said

"A MISUNDERSTANDING?! What is there not to understand? They went out on dates, they have lunch together every day. They spend weekend nights together. And when she finally asks what they really are, he just left. No words, no text, nothing. It is as if she doesn't exist." Pearl is now looking at me intently.

"I .. I didn't know." I was speechless.

"Yeah what is not to know? He did that same thing to my sister. He is a lying son of a!" She's now angry as hell

Good thing Gab cuts her off.

"Pearl! Don't think that what happened to your sister can also happen to Ms. Saree. Besides, Chris deserves a second chance. He is not that young man your sister used to date. Give him a break! It's 10 years ago."

"Please don't fight about it. Besides Chris and I are nothing but Friends." I resolved.

"Friends? Are you sure you are only friends?" Pearl inquired.

"Like I told you, Eric is still my boyfriend after all."

"Then stay away from Chris. He is now what you think he is." Pearl said with finality.

True friends. They will gut you alive, but help you put back the pieces as if nothing happened. I know I have to be stronger than before. Nothing has happened between me and Christ right? So I'll work on that friendship thing. Nothing more, nothing else.

Add Lara to that list of course. It's Friday night after all. After the exhausting shopping and arcade we headed down to dinner and drinks.