Chapter 1: New Girl

        It's already been a week since Mirai came home. Her family welcomed her with a warm hug that she almost cried. She missed them so much.

Threading in an unfamiliar place made Mirai homesick and cried every night wanting to see her family. She got used to it after two months but the longing is still there and it grew day by day. 

Her father told her she is already enrolled in Shohoku High and can already go to school. However, she was still adjusting and the school allowed her to attend a week after school started.

Kaede, her little brother, is also attending Shohoku. He is in his first year while Mirai is already in her third year. 

The black-haired girl sighed as she finished cleaning up some of the boxes from Australia that were sent to her two days ago. It was stuff with presents and letters from her closest friends there. She sort of missed them already, they were the ones who helped her in navigating her life in Australia. From speaking in English, how to buy food, and getting by in the neighborhood and school.

It was different there, especially the language. Even though Mirai learned English before she even left, it was still hard to actually speak when she was there. It was completely different when you were actually there. 

"Mirai, lunch is ready. Let's eat." The said girl turned to her bedroom door and saw her mom standing there with a gentle smile on her face. 

"Yeah, I'll just clean these boxes and I'll be there," the younger girl replied. Her mom just nodded and left while Mirai folded the boxes. 

Once she finished, she immediately go downstairs to have dinner. Only she and her mother are in the house. Her father went to work while Kaede is already in school since it started already a week ago. 

Mirai remembered that she will be going tomorrow which got a bit nervous since she doesn't know anyone there. Hopefully, she knows some, but it has been two years since she was home.

The girl ate her lunch while exchanging light conversations with her mother and thinking about what will happen to her tomorrow.

-----

     Mirai decided to stroll around the neighborhood. Some things have changed, there are stores that weren't there two years ago and some stores from those years that are gone now.

It was almost four in the afternoon and Mirai got the idea to peek at her school, Shohoku High. She's also hoping she will meet Kaede and go home together if he's not with his friends.

"That child probably doesn't even have friends, except for his club members," Mirai muttered and sighed.

Kaede's a reserved and introverted person. Both of them really like playing basketball and it became their bond. From what she remembered, she doesn't have any recollection of Kaede's friends coming over to their home.