Chapter 3: The Assistant Coach

     Mirai watched the game between first-years (minus Sakuragi) and third-years.

She slowly stood up from her seat to observe the game properly. Mirai crossed her arms over her chest and Coach Anzai could tell that she was studying the game and the players themselves.

"Mirai-senpai!" Ayako called breaking the older girl's gaze on the game.

"Yeah?"

"Who do you think will win? Akagi-senpai or Rukawa?" Ayako asked.

The redhead and another female student is standing on both of her sides. The two first-years glanced at her and lightly blushed when they saw how beautiful she is.

"I can't tell, really. I don't know how much Kae improve over the years," Mirai said. "But if we're basing on experience, Akagi will surely win."

"But Rukawa-kun's really good, though!" the female student who Mirai doesn't know defended her brother.

Mirai sweatdropped and looked at her with a slightly raised brow. "Yeah, he is."

"She's Akagi Haruko, Akagi-senpai's little sister," Ayako introduced.

The older girl nodded with a smile.

"Wait, did you just call Rukawa-kun 'Kae'?" Haruko asked Mirai.

"Yeah," she simply said.

"A-Are you his g--"

"Whoa, gotta stop you right there," Mirai said and raised her palm gesturing for her to stop.

Ayako chuckled in the background while Sakuragi looked at Mirai in confusion.

"I'm his older sister. Rukawa Mirai," she said.

Haruko widened her eyes in surprise and slightly blushed.

"Oh! Sorry!" she exclaimed and bowed. "Now that I realized, you guys look similar."

"Eh? That fox's older sister?" Sakuragi said and stared at Mirai.

"You're Sakuragi-kun, right?" Mirai gave him a kind smile.

"Yes," he simply replied.

"Do your best, Sakuragi-kun," she simply said with a warm smile plastered on her face.

"A goddess," Sakuragi thought in awe.

The four of them continue to watch the game. Kaede was blocked by Akagi as the latter made a slamdunk.

"That's a good one," Mirai said nonchalantly.

"Ah, brother is being so serious even with the freshmen. Poor Rukawa-kun," Haruko said while pouting.