Chapter 23: Ryonan vs. Kainan

Three days before the match with Takezato starts

         Three days before the match with Takezato starts. Sakuragi has started to practice shooting balls with Akagi while the rest of the team is doing their usual practice.

Mirai was impressed by the redhead's dedication to basketball. He's improving not just his talents for basketball but his passion for the said sport.

Today, Mirai and Mitsui decided to have a little date after the practice. Since both of them are busy with the tournament and studies, they barely have time for themselves.

The couple walked down the streets of Kanagawa hand-in-hand while looking for shops where they can have dinner.

"Hey, who do you think will win between Ryonan and--"

"No!" Mitsui exclaimed cutting her off. Mirai frowned at him. "We're not going to talk about basketball for tonight."

"But--"

"No," Mitsui shushed her causing the girl to pout. "We're on a date, okay?"

"Okay?" Mirai said unsurely.

The couple decided to go to a family restaurant and sat down at an empty table by the window. They sat down across from each other as they talked about what food they were going to order.

When they already decided, Mitsui called for the waiter and told him their orders.

The two shared light conversations as they eat while enjoying the time with just the two of them.

"Maybe when we're not busy with the tournament anymore," Mirai began with a smile as they walked together while holding each other's hand. "Can we have a proper date next time?"

"Yeah, let's do that," Mitsui said as he glanced at the girl. Mirai looked at him and grinned.

They both stopped and looked at each other as they are nearing Mirai's house.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Mirai said.

The raven-haired nodded. "Yeah, see you tomorrow."

Mitsui was about to let go of her when Mirai squeezed his hand. The male looked at her questioningly while Mirai stared back at him with a pout.

"What?" Mitsui asked innocently. Although, he knew what she wants.

"You know what it is," the girl replied.

"I don't think I understand what you're talking about," he replied with a blank look while trying not to laugh.

"Fine. I'm going home," Mirai said and let go of his hand. The girl turned back but Mitsui stopped her by holding her wrist.

He spun her back to face him and claimed her lips. Mirai closed her eyes and reciprocated the kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to her.