Chapter 28: The National Championships

Mirai smiled happily when her brother shot another ball and gained two points

          Mirai smiled happily when her brother shot another ball and gained two points. There are only three minutes left on the clock.

Sendoh did a fade-away shot and scored again. It was like Sendoh and Rukawa just exchanging on scoring for their teams. Ryonan's ace kept on scoring for his team closing the score differences. They're only down to 4 points.

For the first time in this game, Mirai felt helpless about what to do. She can already see the exhaustion of her players and it's not doing them any good.

Mirai decided to call for a timeout and plan on what to do next. Especially with Sendoh. In all honesty, she doesn't know what to do but to let Rukawa face him and stop him. From her perspective, he's the only one who is still in good shape since he reserves his energy for the second half. Akagi and Sakuragi can help him to stop Sendoh too, but there are other Ryonan players that they need to mind. Fukuda and Uozumi.

"What do we do?" they all voiced. Mirai frowned and bit the bottom of her lip.

"Just try your best to stop him," she said in worry. "I know you're all exhausted, but we have to hang on. There are still two and a half minutes left."

Akagi and the others just nodded.

"Fifty seconds!" the referee said.

"It was time already?!" Kogure exclaimed in shock as they don't have any solid plan yet.

"Hissa," Mirai called to her boyfriend.

The male glanced at the girl and noticed her brows furrowing in worry. "I'm not going to leave the game."

"I know," Mirai quickly said. "That's not what I'm going to say."

Mitsui blinked and stared at her. "What is it?"

"I'm going to ask you a favor," she said and licked her lips in nervousness. "Looks like you have to push yourself until you pass out. I'm sorry, but you're the only one who I can think of that can score."

Mitsui laughed and patted her head. "Don't apologize. I was planning to do that, anyway."

"Hissa..." Mirai called.

"It'll be fine," the raven-haired assured.

The players stepped into the court once again. 

"Even with that timeout, we still don't have any real plan," Ayako said with a sigh. 

Mirai frowned when she saw how exhausted Mitsui is. Now she felt guilty asking him if he needs to give it his all until he couldn't move. It felt so selfish and didn't consider his state. 

The raven-haired is close to passing out. 

"Mitsui!" Kogure called in worry. 

"Kogure, get yourself ready," Mirai told him in all seriousness.