Chapter 30: One-on-One

          It's been two days since the match with Shohoku and Ryonan ended. The preliminary tournament for Inter-High in Kanagawa already ended with it.

Mirai and the others are back to their usual practice while waiting for the other districts to finish their tournament and declare who will be their representatives in the Inter-High.

Mirai was busy minding her homework in her room. The notebooks and papers were scattered on her mini table on the floor while she was trying to solve her physics homework until there was a knock on the door.

The girl stopped what she was doing and told the person to open the door. She thought it was her mom, asking her about dinner. However, she didn't expect it to be Kaede.

"What's wrong?" she immediately asked. Mirai noticed he was nervous and understood that he wanted to say something but was too shy and afraid to do it.

"Come here and sit down, Kae," she calmly told him and gave a soft smile. The youngest nodded and sat down across from her.

Kaede sighed as he looked up at his sister in all seriousness. "Nee-san."

"Yes?"

"I want to go to America," he finally said. Mirai blinked in shock and confusion.

"America?"

Kaede nodded, "I want to get stronger."

Mirai stared at him for a few seconds, trying to process what he said.

"Are you sure about this, Kae?" she asked and her brother just nodded. "I'm not the right person you can consult about this. Anzai-sensei would be much more suitable to ask."

"Anzai-sensei?"

Mirai nodded and smiled. She took a Post-it note on her table and wrote Anzai's telephone number at home. "Call him and ask when you can meet him."

Kaede took the paper from her and nodded. "Thank you, Nee-san."

"Always welcome."

------

The Shohoku team went back to practice as usual. Mirai frowned when Rukawa became more aggressive while practicing. She doesn't know what happened with Coach Anzai and him or what they have talked about. 

"Should I be worried?" she thought to herself while watching them practice as her brother bumped into Kogure while the older male tried to take offense. 

Mirai glanced at the Coach who is sitting beside her. "Sensei?"

"Yes?" 

"What did the two of you talk about? I mean, I told him to talk to you about... America," she questioned.