Chapter 2: The Offer

It has been three days since Mirai attended Shohoku High

       It has been three days since Mirai attended Shohoku High. It was normal and going smoothly as she wants it.

Until the commotion in Shohoku's Basketball team. It was interesting as many students watched the one-on-one between the basketball captain and a redhead first-year student. 

Before it even happened, Mirai was frightened when her brother told her he was going to go to the hospital and went to her classroom with a bloody forehead. She loves her brother dearly, but sometimes she can tell how much of an idiot he is. 

Mirai immediately went with him to the hospital and on her first day, she already went home early due to it. 

The girl is currently doing homework in her room when her mother called from downstairs. 

"Mirai, someone's on the phone for you!" her mother said. The girl frowned but shrugged as she went downstairs. 

Her mother gave her the telephone and left the living room. 

"Hello?"

"It's been a while, Mirai-kun," an old man's voice spoke. 

"A-Anzai-sensei?" 

The old man laughed on the other line. "Ho-ho, yes it's me. How are you?"

"I'm doing good, sir. How about you?" she said and smiled. 

"I'm doing good as well. You're attending Shohoku High, right? I hope we can talk in person," Anzai told her.

"Yeah, I am. Well, you recommended me the school to, and besides that my brother is attending there, too," she told him and played with the cord of the telephone. 

"I see. I actually call to ask you something."

"What is it, sensei?"

"Can you be the assistant coach of the Shohoku Basketball Team?"

"Eh? A-Are you sure about this, sensei? I mean, I don't know if I can help you..."

"I am sure. I'm going to school tomorrow, let's talk there. Meet me at the gymnasium when the class ends."

-----

       The phone call from Coach Anzai has been on Mirai's mind until the day she's supposed to meet him. It kept replaying in her mind how she was asked to be an assistant coach of the basketball team. 

Mirai looked at her seatmate, which is Kogure, his gaze is planted on the board and taking notes in his notebook. She knows that Kogure's part of the basketball team as well as Akagi, one of her classmates. Akagi's the captain of the basketball team and Kogure's the vice-captain. 

"Rukawa," Mirai turned to Akagi who called her. It was already lunchtime and the students are eating their food. 

"What's up?" she mumbled.