Chapter 25: LAST GAME: Shohoku vs. Ryonan

The game started with Uozumi taking the ball and beating Akagi with the jump ball

         The game started with Uozumi taking the ball and beating Akagi with the jump ball. Mirai frowned as she realized that their captain is still recovering from his twisted ankle. 

The ball went in Sendoh's direction and he caught it. Kaede immediately marked him but Sendoh passed it to Fukuda. The latter passed Mitsui, who is blocking him, and tried to shoot in the basket. However, Sakuragi jumped and swatted the ball away from the basket. 

"Illegal defense!" the referee called. 

Mirai sighed as the basket was still counted according to the rules of the game. Sakuragi complained to the referee and Kaede kicked him from behind as the latter made the former remember how Uozumi stepped out of the court during their game with Kainan. Mirai lightly smiled at the duo and sweatdropped when she saw how pissed Uozumi was at the younger boys.

"Idiot! What the hell are you babbling about?!" Mirai scolded Sakuragi. Mitsui passed him the ball and he didn't notice it because he was too busy talking to Fukuda. 

Miyagi stole the ball from behind Ryonan's player and ran to their basket. He passed it to Sakuragi and no one was marking him. 

Mirai shot up from her seat and shouted to the redhead. "Come on, Sakuragi!"

The redhead did a jump shoot that stole everyone's attention. Mirai proudly grinned at the first-year. "Everyone's surprise."

It was the fruit of his special training. This is the first time he showed it in the official game. Mirai smirked, the redhead really has a talent at basketball.

"Run!" Mirai shouted as Miyagi ran to their basket while Sakuragi have the ball.

The redhead passed it although it was too fast and went towards the reporters.

"He still needs to work with a lot of things," Mirai said as she let out a tired sigh. 

Sakuragi is guarding Fukuda and he got past him. When he was going to shoot the ball, Mitsui went to his front, causing Fukuda to collide with him, and was charged with offensive charging. 

Mirai smirked and blushed a bit. Ayako noticed it and smirked.

"Senpai, you're blushing," the manager said.

"I-I wasn't!" the older girl stuttered and continued to focus on the game. 

Mirai facepalmed when Sakuragi tried to show off in front of Fukuda as he is marking him. Ryonan got the ball and Miyagi ran for the ball. Shohoku's point guard reached Ryonan's number six and when he was about to go for the basket, Miyagi swatted the ball away from his hands. 

The ball rolled down on the ground and Sakuragi dived for it. Although the ball hit him on the crotch. Mirai snorted and covered her mouth with her hands. Akagi shouted for Mitsui to get the ball and Mirai couldn't stop snickering underneath her palms.