Chapter 34: The Summer Festival

Mirai stared at the mirror in her room for a while now

           Mirai stared at the mirror in her room for a while now. She's wearing a dark blue kimono with pink and red floral designs. Her hair was tied up into a bun and a chrysanthemum flower ornament was pinned on the left side of her hair.

She let out a sigh and turned to take her purse to the bed. She made her way out of her room and knocked on her brother's bedroom.

"Kae, we need to go," Mirai called and in just a few seconds, Kaede came out of his room with just a white shirt and his Shohoku pants.

"Why do we even dress up with these kinds of things?"

Mirai thought to herself. Most of the girls like her wore a kimono during the festival but the guys can just wear simple attire and that was it.

"Hisashi in a yukata..."

Kaede looked at his sister in confusion, raising an eyebrow, "Nee-san?"

"What?" the girl snapped back to reality, blushing slightly at her thoughts, "R-Right! Let's go!"

The young male didn't say anything as he just followed his sister downstairs and bid goodbye to their parents.

The two walked to the shrine in silence. They were going to meet the rest of the basketball team there. 

Mirai was quite surprised that her brother was going without her forcing him. He doesn't like to go to these kinds of things where there are a lot of people. 

"Why did you agree to go, Kae?" she questioned as they were almost approaching the shrine. They can see the lights from afar and can hear the buzzing of people.

The male glanced at his sister and made a gesture as if he was scooping something. Mirai immediately understood and sweatdropped at the fact that he agreed to go just to play a game. It's where you need to catch a fish with a net made of paper that could dissolve easily in the water.

"I see..." Mirai muttered.

The siblings heard Ayako's voice calling for them and they looked at her direction. She was dressed in kimono just like Mirai. She's already with Akagai, Haruko, Kogure, and the second years aside from Miyagi.

Mirai smiled as she and her brother finally reached them. Ayako complimented her kimono and the older girl did the same. Haruko wasn't wearing a kimono and was just sporting casual outdoor clothes.

She already went to the festival with Sakuragi and her friends, based on what she told the girls earlier.

"Where're the others?" Mirai asked. Sakuragi and other first years aren't there yet, as well as Mitsui.

"They still have five minutes," Ayako replied, looking at her wristwatch, "We can wait."

Mirai hummed in agreement as they chatted for a while. One-by-one the others appeared and the last one they waited was Sakuragi and his friends who were arguing along the way.