Chapter 21: A Visit From Someone

Mirai woke up with a headache

         Mirai woke up with a headache. She stayed up late last night because she did all her schoolwork and review their lectures for the upcoming exams.

Also, she studied their game with Kainan. Mirai went home last night with disappointment. However, she knew the game was not over yet as they were still going to play with Ryonan.

The girl stood up from her bed and got ready to go to school. When she went downstairs, she saw her brother leaving the house.

"Aren't you early?" Mirai asked as Kaede just nodded. "You're just going to sleep in class, aren't you?"

The boy didn't say anything as he looked away and muttered that he was leaving. Mirai smirked and shook her head amusingly. She walked to their dining table and ate her breakfast.

"So,..." Mirai glanced up at her mother who is smiling at her.

"What?" the girl asked with her mouth full of food.

"When will I get to meet your boyfriend?" her mom questioned causing the girl to almost choke on her food.

Mirai coughed and took the glass of water and gulped down the liquid. When she regained composure, the girl looked at her mother with wide eyes.

"Where did you hear that?"

"I didn't hear it from anyone. I saw you the other day with this handsome boy walking hand-in-hand. So, I assume he's your boyfriend," her mother said and giggled.

"Oh," the girl mouthed. "Sorry, you had to find out like that."

"It's okay, honey. But next time, take him with you and I'll cook some dinner," her mother said with an assuring smile.

Mirai smiled at the older woman and nodded. "I'll take note of that."

------

      It was lunchtime, and Mirai and Mitsui decided to have lunch together on the rooftop with some of their friends.

Mirai got to know Hotta and his friends, one of Mitsui's friends who was involved in their incident before Mitsui went back to the team.

They were a bit shy and scared when they were introduced to the girl. Shy because she's too pretty and popular among the third years and scared because they saw how she bravely fought against them back at the basketball incident.

Mitsui also told them that she was the person behind "The Devil" persona back in middle school. They have heard of it and were shocked when they learned it was Mirai herself.

"They exaggerated it," Mirai told them referring to her nickname in the delinquents. "I didn't beat them that much. And I was beaten up, too."

"Maybe, but you were pretty scary back then," Mitsui said. They are sitting down on the ground on the rooftop as they eat their lunch. The couple just bought bread and drinks while conversing with Mitsui's friends.