Chapter 15: To Finals

Mirai watched as Mitsui tried to shoot the ball but was unable to

      Mirai watched as Mitsui tried to shoot the ball but was unable to. Sakuragi did a rebound but got an offensive foul by accidentally elbowing Hanagata.

Only six minutes are left in the match. The gap is getting wider, with Shoyo leading with 58 points while Shohoku with 46 points.

Mirai bit the bottom of her lip in frustration. She saw how Mitsui's breathing heavily in exhaustion. She was worried that he might pass out but Mirai knew deep inside that in this crucial situation, Mitsui's potential just grow.

He needs to overcome this.

The raven-haired got hit by Shoyo's number six, leading the opposing player into getting an offensive foul.

Sakuragi and Miyagi immediately came to Mitsui's aid. Mirai didn't hear anything that the older male said but she was shocked when Mitsui glanced in her direction.

She gave him an encouraging which Mitsui replied with a smirk.

Shohoku's shooting guard got three free throws making Shohoku score 49 against Shoyo's 58.

Mirai and Kogure widened their eyes in shock when the team hold a full-court press. The position is too tiring as their defense expands to the whole court.

"Hissa..." Mirai mumbled in concern.

Miyagi stole the ball from their number six and pass it to Mitsui.

The latter made a three-point shot making Shohoku cheer.

"Alright! It's time to let them see our intensity!" Akagi yelled and the team shouted in agreement.

Miyagi stole the ball from Shoyo's captain as Mitsui shouted for a fast break. The point guard passed the ball to Mitsui.

"That's a really beautiful form," Coach Anzai commented.

Mirai was awed by the raven-haired's form when he made a three-point shot once again. Her heart swirled in excitement.

The team yelled as Mitsui made a shot, Mirai caught his gaze at her once again for a few seconds. She clapped loudly with a smile on her face.

The score is 58-55, Shohoku's only three points behind.

Mirai noticed how Sakuragi didn't do any reckless play and seems to be nervous in interacting with the opponents. The girl realized that he must've been avoiding doing anything because he was down by four fouls already. If he got a foul again, he's going to be out of the court.

"Oh, that kid..." Mirai let out a tired sigh.

Her brother got a foul when he forcefully swatted the ball from Shoyo. They got a free throw but both of those didn't go in and Rukawa immediately went for a rebound. He passed it to Mitsui but Fujima blocked it.

With desperation, the raven-haired ran for the ball and passed it back to Rukawa. Mitsui stumbled to the opposing team's bench causing Mirai to get worried.