Chapter 12: The First Match

Mitsui and Mirai stayed at the beach for almost an hour talking about their time in middle school and her time in Australia

"Why did you quit?" Mitsui asked.

"I wanted to be a doctor, 'ya know that," she answered.

"Oh, right. You told me that before," he said. The two are now walking home. Mitsui insisted he will take her home since she kept her up this late.

"Yeah, then Coach Anzai offered me to assist in coaching the team," Mirai told him.

"How was it? Coaching?"

"It was... interesting. Different since I am not playing anymore, but it was fun," she said with a smile. Mirai suddenly sneezed and covered her nose in embarrassment. "Sorry."

Mitsui chuckled and took off his jacket and placed it on her shoulders.

"I don't want to be blamed when you catch a cold again," the male simply said.

"Whatever," Mirai said rolling her eyes as she wore the jacket and they continued to walk. It was bigger than her and it smelled like Mitsui.

"The guys would kill me if you caught a cold, especially your brother," Mitsui said.

Mirai laughed and shook her head. "My brother and the guys?"

"They seem to like you," the male told her.

"They do, huh?" Mirai smirked and chuckled. "What about you?"

"What about me?" Mitsui glanced at her in curiosity.

Mirai stopped walking making Mitsui stop and turned to her.

"Do you like me?" Mirai questioned with a smile.

"Huh?" the male said and looked at her as if she sprout another head.

Mirai grinned then Mitsui realized what she was talking about. The male looked away and blushed furiously. Luckily for him, it's already dark and his red face isn't that obvious.

"I was just teasing you," Mirai said and laughed loudly at the male's reaction. The latter glared at her and they continued to walk.

"You know, it never changed," Mitsui muttered.

"What?" the girl questioned as she hugged herself with the male's jacket.

"What I told you after our middle school graduation," he said and stopped walking. Mirai turned to him with wide eyes. "My feelings for you will never change."

Now, it's Mirai's turn to blush.

"Idiot," she muttered. She bit her bottom lip and thought of something to say. "I--"