Chapter 13: Take It Slow

Shohoku's second match was won with a score of 160 points

     Shohoku's second match was won with a score of 160 points. The game's going well for them so far which is a huge advantage in that the players are not getting exhausted.

Especially Mitsui who still lacks the stamina to play for one whole game. If their next opponent is better, he will tire himself out.

The girl suggested to their shooting guard that they will do workout during the mornings before going to school.

Mirai stood in front of her house as she waited for Mitsui. Not even a minute passed, and she saw the male approaching her.

She yawned and smiled at him. "Ohayou*."

"Morning," he said. "Let's go."

The duo did a stretching before they started to run.

They strolled through the morning streets for half an hour before they stopped in front of a basketball court.

"You okay there?" Mirai smirked as Mitsui panted and sweated heavily.

The male didn't say anything as he tried to catch his breath. Mirai handed him a bottle of water and he quickly gulped it down.

They decided to sit down on one of the benches in the area.

Mitsui stared at the girl and was impressed that she doesn't even look like she broke for a 30-minute run. She's sweating but not so much.

"You look like you didn't run for thirty minutes," Mitsui told her.

"I always do this every morning," she said. "You should, too."

Mitsui let out a long sigh. "Well, that's what we're doing right now."

Mirai smiled at him and stood up. "Come on."

"Seriously?" Mitsui questioned tiredly as he stood up.

"Yeah! We need to improve your stamina!" she told him and patted him on his chest.

"If we do this for a week, what do I get?" Mitsui queried with a smirk.

"Uh, healthy body?"

The male gave her a blank look. "What do I get from you?"

Mirai looked at him and widened her eyes in realization. "Oh, you want a reward?"

Mitsui shrugged with a smile.

"Okay, fine. If you can keep up with me for a week, you decide what I'll reward you," she said with a challenging smile.

"A date," he immediately said.

"Really? I mean, we're busy with the tournament. Do you think we still have time?" she asked with a raised brow.