Chapter 4: Shoot The Ball

Mirai received the member's profiles from Ayako

    Mirai received the member's profiles from Ayako. She went home with her brother with the papers and study them after getting home.

She noticed a member is not present during practice and Ayako also reminded her that that member is on "vacation".

"More like suspension, huh?" Mirai scoffed as she placed the papers down on her desk. She stretched her arms with a groan and stood up from her seat.

The girl walked towards her bed and flopped down on the soft mattress. Not even a minute passed and the black-haired girl is completely knocked out.

-----

During lunchtime, Kogure and Mirai eat together as they discussed the players of the team. The male filled in Mirai about the players and answer her questions about them.

"So, this guy-- what's his name again?" Mirai asked as she kept forgetting the names.

"Miyagi?" Kogure questioned.

The girl flicked her fingers and smiled. "Yeah, him. Is he your main point guard?"

"No, but he's a skilled one."

"I see. A troublesome point guard, eh?" Mirai said and smirked.

Kogure sweatdropped at the girl's action. "So, Mirai-san, you were a point guard, too, right?"

Mirai blinked in surprise and nodded.

The male smiled and chuckled a bit. "Coach Anzai really has a knack for seeing the potential of people."

"Eh?"

"Well, he made you an assistant coach. You must be good at strategies, seeing you were a point guard," Kogure said.

"I'm not that really good..." Mirai trailed off. She was embarrassed at the praise.

"You're too humble," Kogure told her.

"S-Shut up," she said and cleared her throat to compose herself. "Anyway, we really should work on coordination since you have new players and all. Especially, Kae and Sakuragi-kun."

"Well, it's just Sakuragi-kun," Kogure said with a chuckle.

Mirai pointed to him with a knowing smirk. "Trust me, Kogure. Kae sees Sakuragi as his rival. That kid doesn't look like he cares but he does."

"I-I see," the male nodded.

"I already have a hunch about our lineup. But it can still change especially since Sakuragi's still training," Mirai discussed and noticed the sandwich she was eating is all gone. "And we still don't have that Miyato guy."

"It's Miyagi."

"Yep, what I said."

------