Chapter 23

"Oh gosh." Desiree rolled her eyes

"Look, I only brought her here because she wanted to apologize. She knew you wouldn't talk to her so asked for my help." Shonda said walking into the house with Keisha behind her looking sheepish.

She allowed them to walk to the living room as she sat on the couch on the couch with Keisha and Shonda sat together opposite her.

"Go on, speak. Don't think I'm gonna do all the work for you." Shonda said nudging her shoulder to say something.

Keisha hesitated before taking a deep breath and exhaled to calm down before starting to speak.

"I'm sorry, I was wrong. I shouldn't have been app in your business that day or the day after we came over. I should have known it wasn't the right time to question you as if I was some police or to even question you at all. I was slightly upset that you hid such a secret from your home girls." Keisha said rubbing her neck looking directly at Desiree.

Desiree huffed before saying her piece. "I appreciate your apology, but you gotta learn when to stop meddling in peoples business. This isn't the first time you have done shit like this and its annoying. I know it's your personality and so on and I'm not asking you to change. I just want you to realise when its the right time to question something or to even question it at all. Me being with Noah wasn't any bodies business except for me and him and to he honest the reason I told him not to tell you guys is because I knew you couldn't hold water to save your damn life." She laughed at her last statement.

"I'm not gonna lie either, I was shocked that you and Noah have been dating for months. I'm even mad I didn't notice any connection between the two of you." Shonda admitted pouring herself a glass of wine.

"Yeah, at first I wasn't even trying to entertain him, but... he got me." Desiree smiled at the memory starting to go abject.

"Damn, you must really like him." Shonda said taking note of her friends behaviour.

"I love him." She said without hesitation just smiling.

"Am I hearing wedding bells." Keshia added making them laugh.

"No, at least not yet. I could see myself marrying him, but not if he is still working as you know who." She deadpanned.

"Yeah, which reminds. Are you guys together still? and what are you gonna do about him being Breeze?." Keisha whispered the last word covering the side of her mouth.

"We are still together, I saw him last week. As for him being... you know, I'm not gonna stick beside that. Now y'all I'm not a hood chick I'm not 'down to ride' or whatever. However, he does know I wouldn't stay if he keeps this up no matter how much I even love him." She said very seriously no sense of humour in her sentence.

"That's understandable, we are just happy you are happy girl." Shonda said lifting her glass up to her.

"And I'm just happy your forgive me again and you my friend." Keisha cheesed making them laugh.

"Let me go ahead and call Cleo and tell her raggedy ass to come over." Desiree said getting up to get her phone.

-----

"If you could move to any other country in the world, where would you wanna go to?" She said as she massaged his shoulders.

Noah surprised her and came over bringing her flowers and chocolates and a big stuffed dragon she absolutely loved.

"I'd wanna go to Brazil, specifically Rio." He said after thinking about it.

"Brazil? That's new and interesting. I like it." She smiled thinking of them at Brazil if he ever was to take her.

"Wait, don't they speak Portuguese, it won't be easy finding some English speakers you know?"

"Eu acho que posso gerenciar." He smirked licking his lips.

Desiree's eyes widened as she forcefully turned his shoulder for him to face her. "You speak Portuguese?" She smiled wildly

"Sim" He nodded.

"Why have you never told me this."

"You never asked." He laughed making her roll her eyes.

"I ask everything about you, and I ask for you to tell me. Hell I'm starting to think you only told me things that were the basic and not from deep inside." She said letting go of his shoulders getting slightly upset.

"Hey,hey. No, we aren't doing this." He grabbed her hands and put them back on his shoulder kissing her wrist.

"You know more than anybody else knows about me. I don't know my dad, as you already know. I want to be a successful writer, as you already know, and my biggest goal and also my most feared is to leave the gang life." He said staring at the ground.

He smiled and relaxed when he felt her massaging him again. "When, not if, when. When you get out the game. What do you wanna do?" She mumbled as she too stared at nothing.

"I wanna move out of here, I have enough money for the both of us to leave Crenshaw. I want you to live with me and I would wanna move to New York just to find someone who could publish my book when I've written it." He spoke passionately and determined.

"I got you something, wait here." She lifted her leg to step over his head as she went to her drawer. She pulled out a rectangle thin box before handing it to him.

" I got you this, as a way of showing my support and knowing you can do and go far with your life. I'm excited to read all your books and celebrate you when you win awards and all types of things. I wanna be your right hand woman and be someone you can lean on whenever you feel anything such as happiness and sadness."

Noah looked at her then looked at the box, he unravelled the ribbon then opening the box. He paused analysing what was inside. He could feel his throat closing feeling tears rushing to his eye.

In the box was a chain that had a pendant shaped in the form of a paper and pen next to each other. He looked at the back seeing that there was something written on it.

Forever and always, your biggest fan
~Desicake

He chuckled on the fact that she had put the nickname he practically stole from Melanie.

"Do you like it?" She asked shyly.

He gave her the chain for her to put it on for him as she clasped the chain around his neck fixing the pendant on his neck.

"I love it and I love you." He mumbled walking up to her kissing her passionately as he swept her off her feet and carried her to the bed.

-----

HEWO

THIS WAS A NICE CHAPTER SO LOVIE DOVEY

WHAT DID YOU GUYS THINK

SORRY I IVE BEEN SLACKING ON MY AUTHORS NOTE CAUSE I HONESTLY DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY

ANYWAY PEACE✌🏾