Chapter 29

"Noah would never forget the woman who helped him accomplish his dreams and that was their story as I would like to say 'Our Story'." Mr Hawkins finished the last sentence on the page and closed the book.

He heard sniffles and looked up to some students and teachers crying.

"She really died?" A student said wiping her tears.

"And she was pregnant, I'm just happy Noah didn't go down the wrong path." Another student said blowing their nose in a tissue.

"No that's not fair, imagine losing someone like that. It's heartbreaking." The last student said

The teacher began to clap as the rest of the students followed along.

"I think everyone should say thank you to Mr Hawkins for writing such a great book and being here to read it to us." The teacher said wiping a tear as she began to clap.

"I wrote this book, to show that it doesn't matter how old you are to start your life or change your life. I was twenty-eight when I wrote this book and was twenty-nine when the book got published. I'm ninety-five now and I want you kids to know it's never to late to change or even start your life." Mr Hawkins softly spoke.

The students nodded in understanding and then later on packed their belongings to leave when they were dismissed.

Mr Hawkins packed up his stuff and began to head out the door. "Mr Hawkins, I just wanted to say and that I've been a fan of all your books and I'm so thankful you came to read it." The teacher said in awe.

"I appreciate your kindful words and it wasn't a problem at all to come over." Mr Hawkins said softly smiling.

"Oh wow, that chain you have looks exactly like the chain you described in your book Mr Hawkins." The teacher said in discovery.

"Please, call me Noah. Mr Hawkins makes me feel old. Even though I am." He laughed a little bit. He was so busy laughing he didn't even realise he had stunned the teacher.

"N-Noah? Like in the book. Mr Hawkins are you?"

"Noah Hawkins, the author of  'Our Story' and the person who also lived the life to be able to write. Yes. Yes I am the character of the book." He announced in a smile. He no longer cried when talking about his past. He was just happy he got to meet a woman like Desiree.

"So Desiree-"

"Yes Desiree is real, all of it. I remember many years ago when I was stuck on ideas. She told me to write about my life, to practically write anything. Obviously plans didn't turn out how I wanted in my life, but I'm just happy I could still make her proud. Take care Miss. Nicole have a great afternoon." Noah said before leaving. The teacher just smiled as she wiped her tears. He was such an inspiration to her.

———

"Hey baby, I read to the students. I told them about how we came to be. Originally they didn't seem bothered but by the end of the end book they were practically in tears." Noah said laughing slowly sitting on the grass leaning his head on the tombstone.

He held the chain in his hand and looked at the writing on the back.

Forever and always, your biggest fan
                                                             ~Desicake

"I don't think you know how much this chain kept me going. Your words were always so poetic to me. Which makes me laugh since you always thought I was the poet." He smiled.

"I'm happy with the legacy we created together. I'm happy everyone knows your name and knows exactly how much you mean to me. Meeting you....is my biggest achievement in life." He smiled kissing her tombstone, fixing the fallen flowers to stand back.