d.b - sunshine

Pov: falling in love with a guy you just met

BTW I'm from the south, just wanted to put that out there, you can listen to the lana del rey song above if you want, also merry late Halloween

-------------------

We met in the summer, as I'd been staying with my aunt Alex. He lived next door, I didn't have any people around to talk to and so he approached me.

Devon was sweet, charismatic, hilarious. He made me laugh every few seconds, with every second of a joke or pun making me more comfortable around him.

Even when he was slightly awkward, it was nevertheless adorable.

When I was called back inside, I was beaming with happiness that seemed to be noticeable since my aunt asked, "So I assume you met Devon." "You know him?" Alex nodded,

"Yeah, he's a nice kid, I knew you'd meet one day." My brows furrowed in confusion, "You knew?" She muttered an 'mhm'

We continued eating our lunch, consulting in different subjects, but Devon's name itched the back of my brain, like I wanted to talk about him more but didn't know what to say.

The rest of the night I thought of him, creepy yes, but I didn't care. He had something about him that I couldn't put my finger on.

I could barely sleep knowing that there was a chance that I'd see him the next day. Tossing and turning, trying to find a comfortable spot, but mainly trying to not think.

I finally fell asleep around 4:30. I was woken up around nine since I was to help auntie Alex make a pie for the guests coming, it'd felt like I only got an hour of sleep. But I was determined to see him that day.

Whilst making the dough, the doorbell rang. Alex went to get it and I began to assemble the bottom of it, adding the apples and the crust. To kill time I was dancing to playing dangerous while the pie was popped in the oven.

Spinning so fast causing my hips to slam into the countertop multiple times, only stopping when I'm sure bruises formed.

"Y/n, come meet the Bosticks!" I threw my hands up in surrender even when she couldn't see me. My palms wiped the flour off my tied black blouse

I strut out of the white kitchen and into the living area. My posture straightened as I approached closer to them, trying to not make a bad impression on people I just met.

Walking into the doorframe I was greeted by an older looking couple, and Devon. "It's nice to see you again." "I could say the same for you." He smiled at me, oh god that smile.

Telling me that I was falling for a guy I just met would most likely cause me to go in a spur of denial. Although I knew I liked him, and it'd just been a day in Toronto since summer break began.

We walked into the yard and wandered into the forest in Alex's backyard,

"What brings you to Toronto?" "Visiting for the summer, I had the option to stay in (your hometown), but I chose to visit Alex." He acknowledged in a quiet 'mm'.