Chapter 17

I won't let anything bad happen to her.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Athanasia POV

"Wow, I've never seen a more beautiful garden." I flinch when I heard one of the ladies said.

"This is a garden my Father made for me, since I love roses so much. It's one of my favorite places as well." I explained trying to keep my emotions in check.

"My goodness! His Majesty truly has a kind heart." one of the ladies said.

"May I ask where Princess Antanasia is and what her favorite flowers are?" one of the ladies asks.

"Something happened a few days ago and she's currently sick. Ana doesn't like flowers because of its smell she enjoys looking at forget me not flowers." I explained. Worry was obviously written on their faces but I just smiled at them reassuring.

"Don't worry. She's starting to get better." I added making sure to reassure them.

"Actually, I thought he was a bit scary when I saw him at the call, but I was wrong."

"To build you such a garden! He must really cherish you, your Highness."

"Your highnesses and his Majesty looked so picture perfect on the day of the debutante."

"You looked just like a fairy out of a story book!"

"You're flattering me too much." I said as I felt my cheeks heat up from embarrassment.

"My name is Helena, of Marquess House Irain. Umm, by any chance, do you remember me?" a brown hair with pale green eyes said.

"We danced together at the ball. It's very nice to see you again."

"Your highness, I'm from the house of Count Duke...

"I'm Estine..."

"I'm Jennette Margarita. I returned the ribbon you dropped that night, your highness." Jennette introduced herself giving everyone a soft smile.

Ah, the looks of the leading lady...

"I remember. Thank you." I said still smiling.

She shines even in such plain clothes.

"If your name is Margarita, does that mean you are the second cousin of the son of house Alpheus?"

"Actually, I was raised by the Alpheus family ever since I was little, so he is like a big brother to me." Jennette explained.

"I'm envious that you had him escort you..."

"After seeing him in person, I could see the rumors weren't an exaggeration. So tall and handsome."

"Didn't he look just like a statue of Fioreze?" The ladies started fangirling over Ijekiel making me a bit dumbfounded. Ijekiel is quite popular...

"Er- Then, would you happen to know what type of women... Lord Ijekiel is interested in?" one of the ladies asks as the attention was on Jennette that startled her.

"Sorry. Even I don't know stuff like that..." Jennette answered truthfully.

"Well, I was just asking. I'm not really that curious." the same girl that asked said as some cough as an excuse.

They're so cute.

"That reminds me, the Princesses danced with him too, right?"

"I saw that too! He was dancing with Princess Antanasia when she smoothly switch her position with Princess Athanasia."