Chapter 28

I can now see why Athy's fond of Jennette.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Antanasia POV

"So... Where have you been?" Lucas asks me while having our meeting inside Claude's room.

"I was in the Alpheus house. Spying on them." I answered truthfully.

"And where have 'you' been?" Lucas asks Athy who looked down.

"I went to Jennette to talk to her. She's upset with me." Athy answered still looking down.

Great Job Jennette! Though I have to check on you later. I'm sure you're feeling guilty.

"I thought that chimera is a fool." Lucas suddenly said. I guess I missed the whole explanation... Again.

"Don't talk like that."

"Harsh."

Athy and I said at the same time while pointing at Lucas.

Athy looked at Claude as she's once again lost in her own thoughts. And here I though I'm always the one who constantly zone out.

"Daddy..." Athy suddenly said.

"Why can't you just woke up? You can't even eat in this state, what if you get malnourished?" Athy asks him worriedly but in reality, she's only talking to herself.

"Don't worry, I'm doing a recovery magic to him." Lucas said that made me flinch. Right, its suppose to be the two of us.

"Thank you very much Lucas." Athy thanked him not sparing him a glance.

"Well, you should be thankful. I can't even get off my seat.. If I take my eyes off, it gets worsen..." Lucas said while licking his finger before noticing the ribbon, Athy is wearing.

"That ribbon... what is it?" Lucas ask catching Athy's attention.

"Yes? This one? It's from Jennette. Ana also have one but instead of blue, its red." Athy answered touching the ribbon.

"I think it would be good to show it to her when I met her." she added but Lucas only kept staring at the ribbon.

"Something... is wrong with it." Lucas said as if in daze.

"Well, maybe because it was caught up with the mana explosion. It's old but Lily fixed it." Athy said not really catching what Lucas meant.

"Athy... I think Lucas meant something really is wrong about the ribbon. Not what it currently looks like." I said making them look at me with Lucas nodding in agreement.

"Can you see it?" Lucas ask.

"No." I bluntly answered before getting the ribbon off of her hair and give it to Lucas.

"Did you happen to feel some kind of magic?" Athy ask while Lucas inspects it with magic.

"Yes. I can feel the same curse the one your Dad has." Lucas answered eyes glued on the ribbon while Athy quickly look at Claude worriedly.

"It's caught up or touched by the mana explosion. The curse, the ribbon mediated it." Lucas explained.

"The chimera gave one to you too right?" Lucas asks me as I nod as an answer.

"Well then, is she an accomplice?" Lucas ask once again but instead of answering, I look at Athy.

"When your Dad collapsed, the chimera is also there. She cursed him, it was impossible for his curse to worsen if she didn't." Lucas added but I ignored him.