Chapter 31

What the hell is going on....

~*~*~*~*~*~

Antanasia POV

"Lucas. Once you've finished you business with him, please go ahead and take him away." I heard Athy said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hm?"

"My business?" Lucas ask.

"Yeah. Didn't you say that you have some history with Aeternitas? Or did you already take care of all that on the way here?" Athy whispered as Lucas and I lean in.

"Oh..." Lucas said before glancing at Anastacius.

"Nah. I've got nothing to do with that thing." Lucas said before snapping his fingers, teleporting Anastacius in the cell.

"Woah~ He's gone." I said covering my mouth.

"Geez, you're so ruthless." Athy said also covering her mouth.

"C'mon let's go! I don't wanna stay here any longer." Lucas complained before teleporting us away.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Dad. We've had Uncle imprisoned." Athy said as Claude looked through the papers Athy did, while me? I'm standing beside her as Claude took over the whole couch.

" Athy said as Claude looked through the papers Athy did, while me? I'm standing beside her as Claude took over the whole couch

"All the rumors about you should die down soon." she added.

"I see. Well done." Claude said still looking at the papers.

"And here I thought you'd instantly take off to kill him." he added.

"You're the one who told me to stay still, didn't you?" Athy quickly replied.

"Though it seems you're also dangling a carrot before me now." Claude said making Athy giggle a bit.

"...True, that piece of trash is no match for me. And when I think about what he's done to the two of you, I really do what to rip him apart." Claude said before changing the letter he's currently reading.

"But this time, I thought I'd try and respect your way of doing things..." Claude added.

"My way?" Athy ask.

"You managed the state affairs better than I expected." Claude said to Athy's surprise.

"Told you so." I whispered shrugging my shoulders.

"That's because... I studied how you used to do it..."

"You did well." Claude complemented her, sitting up properly.

"I mean, I am your daughter, after all." Athy shyly replied making me look at her with judgement.

"So it's a given I'd do a good..."

"It seems you've surpassed me in every way." Claude said cutting Athy off.

"You know to assert yourself when the situation calls for it, and you have a good instinct for politics. Not to mention, you handled this incident quite well." Claude added as Athy started tearing up.