OctoGoblin

Title: Angel
Song: "Angel Baby" by Troye Sivan
Rating: PG-13
Words: 1,365

__________________

Norman thinks he'd gotten quite used to hiding his true nature. His father was cruel and strict, and a raging homophobe, so young Norman was forced to suppress his true nature in order to keep his place in the Osborn family. He went to a prestigious school, got a good degree, married a beautiful woman, had a brilliant, handsome son, and founded Oscorp all on his own. He convinced himself he was happy. Convinced himself he was content in his current life. Even after his wife's death, he still denied that old, long-buried part of himself that said he wasn't the perfect son his father had wanted.

But then, along came The Goblin. A part of Norman's psyche that fractured off after he tested that experimental serum on himself. The Goblin was the darkest parts of himself, all his guilt, shame, and regret manifested before him everytime he looked in a mirror. He hated The Goblin, and The Goblin hated him.

Similarly, there was Otto. He had been raised by similarly strict parents, who, while they weren't as vocally homophobic, would still certainly never want their son to be gay. But Otto knew what he was. He'd known since his early teen years that he had a certain interest in men. Of course, he was also still interested in women, but sometimes a good man was what he needed. He could remember back when he was in college. going to the far back corner of the library, the corner designated for horny students, with some cute, curious boy from his class, and letting this curious boy indulge his curiosities however he wanted, and Otto could do some sexual experimentation of his own back in that corner. That went on for a while, until he met Rosie, that is...

He married her after college, and while they never were lucky enough to have any children, they were still happily married for years.

Until Otto made the worst miscalculation of his life, and it cost hers. He lost his Rosie, and ended up with those monstrous mechanical arms fused to his back permanently. They drove him mad, and there was no escaping the voices that invaded his head from them. But then the other Peter came along and fixed him. Cured him from the voices that had driven him mad for all this time.

He was free from his curse, at least a part of it. The arms were still there, but now he was back in control of them, instead of them controlling him.

But for Norman, a small part of the Goblin would always exist in him, even though he was 'cured' of the main affliction, because The Goblin was all his self-hatred, shame, guilt, and insecurities personified, like his father standing in the mirror laughing and ridiculing homosexuals again. Norman didn't just hate The Goblin, he hated himself. He hated his father's cruel words and harsh fists, was disgusted by people that hated on people simply for their sexuality, gender, race, or religion.

Even when he returned to his own timeline, with Otto and Flint, not every problem of theirs was fixed. Flint was still a wanted criminal, Otto was still feared simply for his appearance, and Norman was still struggling with his sexuality.

Why was Norman struggling so? Because he had fallen in love with Otto.

The thought shook him to the core, the thought of being in love with anyone, let alone a man.

But Otto was kind, warm, funny, brilliant and never lazy. He had a love of poetry, something he'd picked up from his Rosie. Something in Norman started to come to life again the first time he heard Otto reciting a bit of poetry, however poorly. Norman didn't realize at the time that it was love blossoming in his heart, love for his friend, Dr Otto Octavius.

He also didn't know that Otto felt the same way.

Otto had recited that poem as a way to try and get Norman to see how much he wanted to be with him. Otto had always admired Osborn, even though they rarely were together in the lab. Otto assumes he probably fell completely in love with him around the time when they ended up in a different universe. Seeing Norman Osborn, alive and well, but on the other side of the barrier, made something bloom in his chest that he hadn't felt since he fell in love with Rosie. He tried to deny it, but one cannot deny love.

Otto had been staying in Norman's penthouse apartment at the top of Oscorp tower for about a month now. He had his own room, and Norman had even gone out of his way to get Otto some clothes.

It wasn't perfect, but they were willing to make it work. Despite their occasional disagreements and arguments, it was a somewhat peaceful and uneventful arrangement.

Until Otto was walking to the kitchen one night to get a glass of water and passed Norman's bedroom in time to hear some rather...interesting sounds.

Otto leaned against the door, listening closer. He knew it was wrong, but that curious college boy part of him got the upper hand, and he couldn't help but to eavesdrop on... whatever it was that Norman was doing behind that door.

"Otto...God, don't stop."

Otto felt his cock twitch a bit in his pants at hearing Norman saying his name that way, and in that... context. God, Norman was filthy. And Otto fucking loved it.

"You're so fucking...I'm gonna..."

He heard Norman cry out behind the door, seemingly having... finished, with whatever he was doing in there...

Otto simply smirked smugly, satisfied with knowing the effect he still had on curious boys. Or in this case, curious middle aged rich guys with daddy issues.

Oh, this was going to be fun...

The next morning, Otto walked into the kitchen to find Otto already sat at the table eating breakfast.

"Good morning, Otto." Norman said casually, as if he hadn't masturbated to fantasies of his best friend last night.

"Good morning indeed. Sleep well, Norman?" Otto says, pouring himself a cup of coffee and taking a seat at the kitchen table beside Norman.

"Yes, slept like a rock." Norman says simply with a shrug.

"I'll bet. I always sleep great after I jerk off." Otto says, making Norman choke on his coffee. Norman's eyes were wide in shock, mouth agape.

"I-I didn't-- I wasn't- I--" Norman stuttered, words failing him.

"Norman." Otto says firmly, placing his steady hand over Norman's trembling one. "You could've told me that you wanted to have sex with me."

"No, I couldn't." Norman says quietly. "It would've ruined our friendship."

"Norman, you've no idea how long I've wanted to ruin our friendship." Otto says, earning a small shuddered gasp from Norman.

"I've never done anything like this. I wouldn't know where to begin." Norman says shyly, feeling rather inexperienced in front of Otto.

"Well, I can always be your little sex experiment, if that's what you want." Otto says, surely making Norman hard in his pajamas bottoms.

"Yes. That's what I want. That's what I've always wanted, Otto. My God, you're just so fucking sexy, Octavius." Norman says, pupils blown wide with lust.

"Then let's go get started." Otto says, grabbing Norman's hand and leading him to his bedroom.

Once they got there, Otto pushed Norman down onto the bed. Norman landed on the comforter with a puff, chuckling lightly yet nervously. He had no idea exactly what he had just agreed to.

"I don't even know where to begin..." Norman says quietly, his anxiety and insecurities lighting up like christmas in his head. Otto gently cupped Norman's face in his hand, looking into his baby blue eyes with a tenderness and care you probably wouldn't expect from Doctor Otto Octavius.

"How about we start this off with a kiss?" Otto says quietly, sliding his fingers up into Norman's brownish blonde hair.

"Now that I can do." Norman says quietly, leaning in and pressing their lips together.

****************

Otto looked over at the now sleeping Norman who was curled up beside him, resting peacefully with his reddish blonde hair all messed up from...yeah.

All in all, it was a great night, a perfect night...

And Otto would never change a thing.

Yeah ugh sorry for the shitty ending there LOL