Cherik

Title: Call it what you want to...
Soundtrack: "Call It What You Want To" by Taylor Swift
"You need to Calm Down" by Taylor Swift
"Born This Way" by Lady Gaga

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Charles laid in bed with his head on Erik's chest, listening intently to the sound of Erik's heartbeat. He still couldn't believe he had gotten this lucky.

It had been three years since that incident with Jean and the Phoenix Force. Three years since everything Charles and Erik had built was almost taken away from them.

Now, they live in this grand three story house in Florence, with flower gardens and cherry trees surrounding it. They live far away from any of humankind, far away from those that even now wouldn't approve of their simple existence, let alone their love for each other. Even though the Mutant Civil Rights Act had already been passed more than 8 years ago, Charles still longed for the day when a law would be passed to allow him and Erik to finally get legally married. Yes, he knew it probably sounded a bit silly or cliched to say that he wanted to get married and settle down into a simple wedded life with Erik, but he did. He wanted that more than anything.

"Morning, Charles." Erik mumbled sleepily, pulling Charles closer to him. Charles couldn't help but roll his eyes and chuckle as Erik's hand found its way to Charles' arse.

"Erik, you are always so bloody horny in the morning, love." Charles says softly, feigning annoyance.

"I never see you complaining, Charles." Erik says playfully, pressing a kiss to Charles' head. "You certainly never complained afterwards."

"Erik!" Charles scolds, swatting Erik's chest as Erik laughed, smiling that perfect smile of his. "God, you are always right, you know that?" Charles sighed in defeat, leaning up to kiss Erik, much to the other's delight...

_

Charles was sitting in the living room later that day, sipping at his tea and listening absentmindedly to the early evening news when he heard the anchorman announcing the next headline, Marriage Equality bill to be signed into law.

Charles was nearly floored by the news. He never thought this day would come. Of course, he had his hopes, but he never quite thought it would happen this quickly.

Three days after the new law went into affect, he and Erik eloped in this little courthouse, then they went to Hawaii for a whole week as a sort of honeymoon. Charles was on cloud nine the whole time. He never thought he would ever have the chance to actually be married to Erik, but now he is, and he wouldn't have it any other way...